Hairline cracks in the tub/shower.

chiefneon

Howdy!

We have a 2014 Cyclone 4000 elite purchased in April 2014. My LW was cleaning the tub/shower this morning and noticed hairline crack running the lenght of the tub/shower. No leaks that we know of still under warranty until April but need to get this taken care of. Anyone else had this problem with the tub/shower area.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

OEFVET

I haven't had any problems yet but I will be following this thread. Would it be possible to upload a picture of the cracks?

azbigfoot

Howdy!

We have a 2014 Cyclone 4000 elite purchased in April 2014. My LW was cleaning the tub/shower this morning and noticed hairline crack running the lenght of the tub/shower. No leaks that we know of still under warranty until April but need to get this taken care of. Anyone else had this problem with the tub/shower area.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Hi Gary,
I had this exact problem with my landmark. I worked through Heartland customer service. Took pictures and emailed it to Heartland. They contacted Frontline, the manufacturer of my shower (should be a sticker on the bottom edge of the shower with the manufacturer) and forwarded the pictures. Frontline sent out a repairman. He drilled two holes at the ends of the crack, carved along the crack, and refilled with some type of putty/resin. Then recolored then entire bottom of the shower pan. Repair looked fine to me and we haven't had any problems for over a year with it.

chiefneon

Hi Gary,
I had this exact problem with my landmark. I worked through Heartland customer service. Took pictures and emailed it to Heartland. They contacted Frontline, the manufacturer of my shower (should be a sticker on the bottom edge of the shower with the manufacturer) and forwarded the pictures. Frontline sent out a repairman. He drilled two holes at the ends of the crack, carved along the crack, and refilled with some type of putty/resin. Then recolored then entire bottom of the shower pan. Repair looked fine to me and we haven't had any problems for over a year with it.

Howdy!

Thanks very much for the reply, I will definitely be in contact with Heartland. I don't care to trust this job to Camping World.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

chiefneon

Howdy!

Just and update: I took Jeff's advice and contacted Heartland this morning. Spoke to Scott and he was very helpfull. He advised to send him pictures of the cracks and would contact the vendors to see about repairing it. When i asked about replacing it he stated that it could not be done repair only. The tub/shower would have to come out in peices and a new one could now be put in as the tub/shower is installed before the walls are ever put in place when the unit is constructed.

Thanks again Jeff for your help.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon