Half-Time Oven Issues?

JChatt

Contacted Apollo, when using the Half Time feature treat it like a microwave. Use only oven and microwave safe cookware, i.e. oven safe glass. The halftime mode uses convection, and microwave at the same time to speed up the cooking. The oven's factory tray is used for both halftime, and convection modes to evenly distributed the hot circulated air around the food. Take it out for straight microwave.

Thank for the phone number Jim.

John

Last edited:

jbeletti

Thanks for "making the call" and sharing John. Continue to share as you learn more about your Apollo oven (Dos, Don'ts, tips etc.).

Jim

Zuey

I was wrong! I thought that the Halftime and Convection settings used only heated air. Again I was wrong. I had never used any metal in the Apollo Oven but I could have. Thanks for setting me right. I could have made a big Boo Boo!

Christytra

Anyone with problem using metal?

This thread has been bothering me for three weeks now. I'm sure I must have used metal in the half time mode over the last year. I've never had any problems. I almost never use the microwave mode and never use the convection oven mode.

I finally retrieved my manual and quick guide for the oven. On page 1 of the quick guide "Half Time Oven" page, it says, "Use regular oven-safe utensils. Metal, glass, or ceramic. Then looking at the manual page 8 "1/2 Time Cooking" page, under "using the special metal tray" the first paragraph says I can use glass, ceramic, or metal pans.

I really don't want to add more cookware, especially something that can break (ceramic or glass). Has anyone had a metal related problem when using the half time mode?