Half-Time Oven Issues?

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We were at an RV Show a month or so ago and we looked at some of those high dollar Class A motorhomes. The DW noticed right away that they all had the Apollo Halftime Ovens in them. I guess there isn't to many companies if any other making this type of unit. We have the Apollo Microwave and so far no problems but since after this post it probably will quit working.:).......Kenny

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Snapper, I would not lose any sleep over the Half-Time oven. Every body seems to see only the post of people with problems. I think that for the amount of these units in the field the failure rate is not to bad. And like Kenny said almost everybody is putting them in the new coaches. We have not had any problems with ours and we love it. Great for frozen pizzas and cookies. The two most important food groups.:)
Peace
Dave

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
1/2 time oven in North Trail

The only issue we had in our NT was the oven "jumped" off it's foot mount and shifted while we were traveling. DH removed the facing and repositioned it, then reattached the facing. Well, next time we traveled, it "jumped" again. We also noticed the light quit working inside. Took it in for service, and the fixed the problem and replaced the light. Have since seen other posts where this has happened to others as well, seems there is a plastic bracket that holds the oven in place. Someone said theirs was "overtightened" and broke. Our dealer never said what the problem was, but it hasn't "jumped" again!!

TT

irvin56

We have one

and ours is okay. Used it quite a bit this yr, bakes better that our oven in the house.

It is the same with everything, you'll always run into one or two that are not good,

Cars, Trucks,None Trailers and WIFES:confused:

Rick32040

We have one in our North Trail and my wife and mother tagged teamed a pizza to perfection. They have no fear towards it now and are already planning real meals.

Take care all.

Jim/rsvl/AR

We have the APOLLO Half time oven in our Sundance. The stem for the turn table driver has broken. Apollo says it is not covered by the warrenty and we would have purchase the turn table motor and the turn table driver from them and then we would have to locate a repair service to install. Has anyone had this happen and if so how was the issue resolved?

seabee

Works great

But it makes a noise like something is loose - maybe a fan. We are out of our warranty but I need to call them as I think this is one of the items that has a two year warranty.

The thing that the Heartland needs to look at is short people. My wife has almost dumped hot things on her getting them out. While it's handy above the stove, its too high in our BH. I may move it to the area to the right that is a counter top that backs up to the bathroom wall.

Dragoon

But it makes a noise like something is loose - maybe a fan. We are out of our warranty but I need to call them as I think this is one of the items that has a two year warranty.

The thing that the Heartland needs to look at is short people. My wife has almost dumped hot things on her getting them out. While it's handy above the stove, its too high in our BH. I may move it to the area to the right that is a counter top that backs up to the bathroom wall.

Ours made a noise, turned out to be the exhaust fan. DW called manufacturer, described noise, they sent parts based on the call. Service guy (Sears) came out, installed parts, noise still there. Service guy says it's something else. Conversed with manufacturer, sent more parts several days later. Service guy returns, installs parts, still same noise. Service guy does proper job this time (same guy) and finds actual cause - exhaust fan. Orders replacement. DW calls manufacturer, they say tired of issue, send whole new unit. No noise now, all parts sent back to manufacturer. Installed unit myself, saw service guy do it enough, not difficult.

Yes, Heartland DOES need to look at short people (as we grow older, we get shorter??:p). Maybe lots of tall design engineers? Anyhow unit works fine for some time now, DW pleased :D, I'm pleased, service guy pleased, manufacturer not? Heartland pleased, not involved, we called manufacturer direct.

seabee

Thanks

:DA big thanks go's out to you,now I have to look see if I still covered under warranty,me not happy with the noise and its worse when useing the covecton part.:)
I do have CSP from Good Sams,but I think it should still be covered by Manf;:mad:

jnbhobe

Half time oven

Dakotakid;I guess the best way would be to purchase a 3000 watt generator.Then you can run either the AC or the Microwave.But not both a once!!! ( I have a 3000 Honda ) Good Luck JON :D:D:D

JChatt

Metal Cookware Half Time Oven

Question:

When cooking using the halftime mode can I use a metal cake pan? I was thinking about baking cinnamon rolls using the micro/convection mode, and it dawned on me microwave+metal= sparks. I realize there is a "special" metal tray in there for half time use too, but, can I use an additional pan as well?

jbeletti

Jan and John,

I don't have an Apollo manual to reference but here is their support number for RV customers: [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]800-772-7262[/FONT]

Zuey

I think that when you are using the Halftime and Convection settings the oven is actually using hot air to cook. Just always remember to not use metal when using the microwave setting.

wdk450

Check it out well

When doing your PDI, I suggest you bring a TV dinner or something frozen that needs at least 5 minutes cooking time. My half time oven only works for about 3 minutes, shuts off power internally, than comes back on after 5 minutes. I heard from another poster who had the same problem. Something to do with the internal overtemperature sensor mentioned before. I am getting a new oven under warranty.