Headed to Ocean Lakes, SC

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
Our annual trip to SC will begin on April 4 - arriving at Ocean Lakes on the 5th. We are doing the Rt. 84 to Rt. 81 to Rt.66 to Rt. 17 and onto I95. We will be in one of three sites 3004, 3008 or 3009 - depending on what my brother and our friend want out of the three. We have the 3950 and the chocolate lab that mom won't let me leave home with the others. Cold ones will be on hand for any visiters.

Returning the 11th and home on the 12th.

FJ

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Warm it up for us. We're planning on going down on Apr 29, returning May 3. Then we're going back for a week beginning Aug 22.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Now I am really jealous. Love it at Ocean Lakes. We have been going to Ocean Lakes every 4th of July for 25years .Also have been down the week of Christmas a few times.Always have a great time. Have fun and enjoy yourselves. Be safe. Terry

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
This will be our first time at Ocean Lakes. We stayed next door at Lakewood last November and enjoyed it, but took a look a OC and decided we had to go there. Just can't beat the concrete pads - especially if it rains.

By the way Terry - been meaning to tell you - I love the look of those twin awnings. That's awesome.

Gus and Debra

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
This will be our 3rd time down to Ocean Lakes. The place is booked for this week, so I am glad we got in when we did (December 08). Making my 2010 reservations when I am there.

We did OBX one year, and it snowed. Might try it again if the spring break falls later in the month of April.

This trip is the shake down cruise before the season gets rolling. It kind of reminds us why we got into this whole camping thing to begin with. Sun, sand, BEER. "Got my toes in the water, a** in the sand, not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand...life is good today (Zac Brown Band)."

Happy St. Pat's:D

Last edited by a moderator:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Love It!

Ocean Lakes has been a favorite of ours and we make an April & November trip annually. We will be arriving on April 10th. Hope to see you there! We are in site 3035.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
This will be our first time at Ocean Lakes. We stayed next door at Lakewood last November and enjoyed it, but took a look a OC and decided we had to go there. Just can't beat the concrete pads - especially if it rains.

By the way Terry - been meaning to tell you - I love the look of those twin awnings. That's awesome.

Gus and Debra
We always stay back in the 4000 section in the summer and up on the front row across from the ocean on a concrete slab at Christmas. Love it. Thanks Gus for the compliment. We love the second awning especially at Ocean Lakes. Enjoy our camping friends setting under them with us.