Heartland Big Horn vs Jayco Pinnacle

Cadent54

Hello all, The other model / manfacturer we have considered is the Jayco Pinnacale......

Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated.

GOTTOYS

Re: Heartland Big vs Jayco Pinnacle

We looked at Pinnacles when in AZ just to look..They have REALLY come down a few notches from the old Jayco Designer days..Some of the strangest floorplans we ever saw. Used to think Jayco was a real quality unit. Now they look rather cheap and very poorly laid out. Don't see many, if any on the road...JMHO...Don

MTPockets

Our decision in late 2011 boiled down to the Pinnacle and Big Horn. We had toured four assembly plants and were sold on the Big Horn solely due to what we saw and compared after the tours. Big Horn is best value and build.

Theresau

We agree - we actually first ordered a Designer in 2009; that was the year they stopped Designer production and we were going to wait 4.5 months. We cancelled and then found BHs and ordered the 3410 RE.

We've been curious since because we felt the Designer appeared to be a quality coach and have checked out the Pinnacles when they are in a dealer lot and have been disappointed. (The Designer layout we had ordered was gorgeous - had a pull out island and a huge L-shape sofa with rear entertainment - I was really worried about whether the BH would be a good replacement at the time.)

We looked at Pinnacles when in AZ just to look..They have REALLY come down a few notches from the old Jayco Designer days..Some of the strangest floorplans we ever saw. Used to think Jayco was a real quality unit. Now they look rather cheap and very poorly laid out. Don't see many, if any on the road...JMHO...Don

donr827

When we were last shopping for a new fifth wheel we were at the Tampa Super RV Show and looked at both brands. The fit and finish of the Pinnacle was not quite as good as the Bighorn. When I was looking for the area where the cable tv and sat dish would be hooked up there was only the connection for cable tv and none for a sat. When I asked the Jayco area sales manager he first said that if you wanted to use a sat dish you would unplug the cable tv and plug in the sat. He then went to his order book and told me that I would have to order a sat connection. Lack of knowledge by Jayco people and other things led me to the Bighorn.
Don

Rob_Fla

I will post the other viewpoint. We looked at the Big Country. Big Horn and the Jayco Pinnacle real hard. We thought all were very good units and I think we would have been happy with any of them, but in the end wound up with the Jayco Pinnacle 35LKTS. We have been FT in our Pinnacle almost 2 years now, great 5er, no major issues or problems to date, very happy with our choice.