Heartland cyclone 3611js hd

Skail

Hi All,
We're new to here and rving. Me, Wife and family are wanting to go rv full time. We really love the cyclone 3611. In doing research it's coming up with really bad reviews. We're hoping to get a true feeling and opinions on this 5th wheel from owners. We would be living in it full time. We're probably not gonna do much traveling with it until a cpl years down the road. What opinions can you guys give based on reliability and living capabilities etc etc?

david-steph2018

We have the sister unit to the Cyclone, Road Warrior. Our is the 427 model, with a side deck. We have been full time in it since June 2019, and we travel. We like our rig, and it is serving us really good.
But we have made some big upgrades to our rig. One upgrade was to the suspension system, we had the MorRyde Independent Suspension installed with addition of disc brakes. We broke a spring hangar in the County Fairgrounds in Goshen, Ind. when we were going in to get some repairs done.
Another issue we had was side wall crack from the upper corner of the big slide up toward the roof line. That was repaired at Heartland's cost under the 3-year warranty.
But we have had some other upgrades completed to the rig as well.

Skail

We have the sister unit to the Cyclone, Road Warrior. Our is the 427 model, with a side deck. We have been full time in it since June 2019, and we travel. We like our rig, and it is serving us really good.
But we have made some big upgrades to our rig. One upgrade was to the suspension system, we had the MorRyde Independent Suspension installed with addition of disc brakes. We broke a spring hangar in the County Fairgrounds in Goshen, Ind. when we were going in to get some repairs done.
Another issue we had was side wall crack from the upper corner of the big slide up toward the roof line. That was repaired at Heartland's cost under the 3-year warranty.
But we have had some other upgrades completed to the rig as well.
Have you had any major issues with stuff breaking or has it been really dependable?

pjones1969

I remember seeing some GCCC concerns about this specific model, it has the lowest available at 1695 lbs. in the brochure, see page 6

Each individual trailer will be different depending on what options may have be added and the actual will be displayed on the yellow sticker on each trailer

Gross Cargo Carrying Capacity (GCCC)
GCCC means the maximum cargo carrying capacity. GCCC is equal to the GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) minus the UVW (Unloaded Vehicle Weight). The GCCC will be reduced by the weight of fresh water, waste water, propane gas, occupants, personal items, or dealer-installed accessories

jmarnell

We have a 2018 Cyclone 4005, so not the same model that you are looking at. We have had similar experiences to what David mentioned above. The only major issue we have had is the same sidewall crack at the large slideout, and our rig was out of warranty. But as we first noticed the crack after hitting a large pothole on an interstate highway (that also knocked our wheel alignment out), our insurance covered the cost of repair. Other than that in 6 1/2 years of use, the only other major repair has been replacing one air conditioner. Everything else has been minor and I have fixed myself. Like David, we also had the MorRyde independent suspension and disc brakes installed. Overall, we have been incredibly happy with our Cyclone and plan on keeping it for the foreseeable future. We've made the trip to Alaska, and to both coasts numerous times, so I would say it has been very reliable.

Dahillbilly

have a 2017 Torque 327, this is a 40' 5th wheel toy hauler with two slide outs. Only issues we've had are leaking windows which was taken care of under warranty. I've added disc brakes & wet bolt kit, changed tires to Hercules 14 ply, we love the unit.

david-steph2018

Have you had any major issues with stuff breaking or has it been really dependable?
The other thing that broke was the inlet to the hot water heater. It caused a large leak, and a soft floor. Heartland took care of that repair too.
But beside that, little things, ceiling lights going out, water pump going bad. Anderson water valve needing replaced.
On our rig the Anderson valve was made of plastic valve body. These are known to have problems and go bad by leaking water into the freshwater tank and causing an overflow of the tank. The replacement valve body is made of brass and is a better valve.