Heartlands at MacDill AFB.

DW_Gray

Amy and I arrived last night at MacDill AFB (Tampa), Florida. Amy and I have already noticed 2 Big Horns and another Cyclone beside ours. Not only is this the biggest campground we've been to, it's one of the military's biggest. There are over 600 sites here. We'll walk around this week and hopefully meet the other Heartland Owner's and give them our Heartland cards.

truknutt

Committed Member
We stayed there in 2002 but after the snowbirds had departed. There used to be an aerial view on google maps that must have been taken during the winter months. That place was packed!!

We had a good time but our "Civilian" friends didn't understand all the security measures.."Hello, CENTCOM HQs in 2002!"

DW_Gray

It's full now except the overflow area. Some of the snowbirds are starting to leave. I feel blessed to have gotten a full service site after the first night here. I arrived Friday without a reservation after dark and was put in a partial hook-up site (W/E). Saturday morning I went to the office at 10:30 to pay up and get on the list. At noon they called me and told me they had a full service available. Next weekend is the Air Show here and it will surely be packed by Friday. We hadn't even planned coming here. It was a last minute decision while coming down the road.

olcoon

We'll walk around this week and hopefully meet the other Heartland Owner's and give them our Heartland cards.

I've seen other people talking about their "Heartland cards", and just wondering exactly what are these? Are they cards you make up yourself on the computer, or are they something you buy?

DW_Gray

I've seen other people talking about their "Heartland cards", and just wondering exactly what are these? Are they cards you make up yourself on the computer, or are they something you buy?

When you join the Heartland Owner's Club, you receive in your packet about 20 printed business cards. These are cards you write your name, your space number and phone number on the space provided. After I run out, I may make up my own but I don't know if that will violate Heartland's copyright.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
When you join the Heartland Owner's Club, you receive in your packet about 20 printed business cards. These are cards you write your name, your space number and phone number on the space provided. After I run out, I may make up my own but I don't know if that will violate Heartland's copyright.
I think if you PM Jim Beletti, he may be able to get you more cards.

I was just at NAF El Centro the weekend for an air show. Great show with the Blue Angels as the highlight. We have a friend in the RV area there as well and there are several Heartland Bighorn travel trailers. They use these as rental units.

DW_Gray

Amy and I visited all the Heartland RVs today. We got to meet some of the owners and left our calling card at others. During my walk (Amy was on her bike) we also found another Big Horn and found a Landmark.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dave, email or PM Jim B. I'm sure he will send you more cards to hand out. You will just have to be in a spot long enough for the snail mail to get to you. Bob

DW_Gray

Found more Heartlands at MacDill AFB! Amy and I just returned from the FamCamp Annex. There was a Bighorn, a Landmark and a Cyclone there. I talked to the Landmark owner for little while and told him about the forum and the club. Then we had a very nice visit with Roxanne and Robert, owners of a 3950 Cyclone. It's so much fun to meet other owners and share stories.