Heartlands in Louisiana

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We spent the New Year holiday at the South Toledo Bend state park in Louisiana with two other Landmark owners. There was also a North Trail and a Cyclone in the park near all of us. It looked like a mini Heartland rally.

Jellystone

Yeah, we do most of our camping on the Northshore (above Lake Pontchatrain for those not familiar w/Louisiana terminology) and we always see quite a few Heartland's at the campgrounds and on I-12, I-10, & I-49.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Jay - glad you had a good time in la. Can't believe the state police approved you coming back into our state!! Ha!
Just kidding. We live in lake charles area in s.la. We went to shreveport about that time(in our bighorn) and met a bighorn on 171 heading south somewhere around that area.
We will be heading back again next week and will be at miss ellie's rv park in waskom on the la/tx. Line. Kenny

jayc

Kenny, we snuck in on the backroads and didn't get stopped by the border guards. We're safely back in a Texas state park now, living the good life.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Kenny, you got to remember how hi yall's taxes would be if it wasn't for us Texans
sneeking' over to Louisiana to make deposits at Delta Downs, the Paragon and the Coushatta. I know I have made my share. :)

jo9463

We spent the New Year holiday at the South Toledo Bend state park in Louisiana with two other Landmark owners. There was also a North Trail and a Cyclone in the park near all of us. It looked like a mini Heartland rally.

My husband and I were there the same weekend. We had the Pigrim bumper pull with the "GEAUX COWBOYS" on the back. I believe we were talking to you at your site when the last Landmark came in. We had the 2 dachshunds. Hope you had a good time.

jayc

Yep, I remember you. I intended to stop by your site before we left but you were already gone. We had a great time and definitely will be back.

jo9463

We pulled out around 10, if my memory is correct. I know we pulled in at the dumpstation behind one of the Landmarks. It wasn't the guy with the F450. Glad ya'll had fun and will return. South Toledo State Park is a good park for us to camp when we want to go camping, but not too far from the house.

jayc

Actually I filled out an application for park hosting there in 2011, so if that works out, I'll be there.