Height of 2008 Heartland Sundance 2900?

markyodo

I purchased this 2008 Heartland Sundance 2900 used in 2021 and moved it to some land that I own in 2022.
Since it's in a permanent location I want to cover it with either a metal RV car port or similar structure but when researching I can't find the true height for this year and model. I notice some notices say 12ft and others say 13ft. I assume that what ever the published height is does not include the roof air conditioner. This is important information since most RV Carports are configured at 12ft post height.
Does anyone know the true height for this model/year?
Thanks in advance.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have info on the 2008 models but the 2009 brochure states "Overall
Height Under 12'.
But it would be best to measure your own rig for the exact height.

Peace
Dave

roy2

try putting a 2 by 4 on top of your a/c that should be the highest point on your roof the use your tape measure. to the ground and you will know how high it is. thats one way the other way is hooking it up to your truck and then doing it.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
try putting a 2 by 4 on top of your a/c that should be the highest point on your roof the use your tape measure. to the ground and you will know how high it is. thats one way the other way is hooking it up to your truck and then doing it.
Don't forget to put a level on top of the 2 x 4.

Peace
Dave

wdk450

I found it easier to use a weighted string or thin wire suspended over the top of the 2x4 lowered to the ground, then snagging and marking the drop over point of the string/wire. then doing the measurement of the length (height) of the string/wire on the ground. Add a little "fudge factor" to the measurement for any ground irregularities or rig tilting unhitching etc. A measurement a little too long is OK - a measurement too short is a bad thing.