hitch receiver for bike rack

Traci

We are trying to figure out what hitch receiver we would be able to use on the back of our 2010 big Country to use a bike rack. Our camper has the formed gel coat back cover, so no exposed back bumper. Any ideas? Hoping that we won"t have to cut anything away. Has anyone else had one installed and what did they use?
Thanks
Traci and Dennis

MTPockets

Our bike rack is a 1 1/4" receiver that is bolted to the frame - ours came from the factory that way, but may be available to purchase from Lippert.

danemayer

Take a look at this thread.

The frame on the Big Country may not be the same as the Landmarks (10" vs 12"?). If so, it may not work. Also, the brackets in the kit from Lippert probably have to be welded onto the frame.

Other people have found other ways to travel with bikes - racks mounted to the pinbox for example.

MTPockets

Take a look at this thread.

Also, the brackets in the kit from Lippert probably have to be welded onto the frame.

Ours came from the factory and the brackets are bolted to the frame. If Lippert won't sell, I bet you could get one fabricated easy enough.

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
I had mine fabbed up, I need it before holidays, cost me $200. at the time HL had a bolt on for about $105, I understand they do not offer it anymore. You do not want to start welding on your frame. Before you do you may want to check with Liepert on warranty. I think I heard that voids the warranty.

Don

danemayer

I think I heard that voids the warranty.
Lippert is very squirrely about the warranty. When I ordered the receiver hitch from them, they told me that installing it would void the frame warranty since they have no way of knowing how I would actually use it.

Ours came from the factory and the brackets are bolted to the frame.
Our Rushmore came with brackets attached to the frame from the factory. I don't see any bolts holding it to the frame, so I think it must be welded. The receiver hitch is bolted to the brackets.

MTPockets

Lippert is very squirrely about the warranty. When I ordered the receiver hitch from them, they told me that installing it would void the frame warranty since they have no way of knowing how I would actually use it.

Our Rushmore came with brackets attached to the frame from the factory. I don't see any bolts holding it to the frame, so I think it must be welded. The receiver hitch is bolted to the brackets.

Is the 2010 still under a frame warranty? ......

You are correct... my brackets are welded to the frame.