Hitches

We are about to purchase a hitch for our 2016 2500 Silverado, Chevrolet. We will be pulling a BH3970RD. The dealer recommended two hitches; Pull rite super glide and EAZ-lift slider hitch. Can you provide the pros and cons for each? Or recommend another type.

Bones

If a short bed consider a reese sidewinder and a fixed hitch. possibly a reese 20 k

macjj

I have the Reese 18k on my GMC 2500HD, works good, but still not use to the "clunk" on stop and go. Took some time to isolate, but found it to be the gap in the slide pins. Only had to use the slide function maybe twice, once was to test. With the 88 degree turning capability, never found the need. Think if I decide on a new truck, maybe a long bet or a fixed hitch and just be mindful

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dumboldles

Take a look at the Andersen Ultimate 5th wheel hitch...that's the hitch my dealer set me up with. Works great and very easy to remove and reinstall. Not your standard 5th wheel hitch but I'm very satisfied with mine.

Dumboldles

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Putting the Reese Goosebox on my New Sundance when I pick it up in Goshen, next month.
New Ram came with the 5th wheel set up, goose ball etc. Won't have to worry about moving a
several hundred pound 5th wheel hitch in and out. Push a button and the ball comes out and my bed is flat.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Sons-a-hitches . . . just wanted to say that!

Anyway, with the shortbox having the slider hitch is a good option to have.

Better to have it when you need it than to not have it . . . and suddenly find yourself needing a slider.

Here's mine:

NewReeseSliderHitch-P1000052.jpg

WBG

WBGavin
We are about to purchase a hitch for our 2016 2500 Silverado, Chevrolet. We will be pulling a BH3970RD. The dealer recommended two hitches; Pull rite super glide and EAZ-lift slider hitch. Can you provide the pros and cons for each? Or recommend another type.

We have the Pull-Rite Super Glide (16K) for our BH 3570 for the past 5 years and we would not even consider any other hitch. It works perfectly. When you are in tight situation, you are not going to remember that you can only turn so much, if you have a conventional set up. We pull the hitch every winter, and have found that to be very easy to do. This leaves a perfectly flat truck bed for doing all sorts of projects. I did make a trip to Harbor Freight to get a Shop Hoist, which makes pulling the hitch almost effortless.
Good luck with you decision.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We have the Pull-Rite Super Glide (16K) for our BH 3570 for the past 5 years and we would not even consider any other hitch. It works perfectly. When you are in tight situation, you are not going to remember that you can only turn so much, if you have a conventional set up. We pull the hitch every winter, and have found that to be very easy to do. This leaves a perfectly flat truck bed for doing all sorts of projects. I did make a trip to Harbor Freight to get a Shop Hoist, which makes pulling the hitch almost effortless.
Good luck with you decision.

I agree with WBG. We have the 20K Superglide and it is a hook and forget hitch when making any tight turns. Additionally it is easy to hoist from the bed when the space is needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miltp920

I haved a 16K Pullrite superglide. It is an older model, but the fully automatic slide feature takes all the worry out of it. I am not sure we even need the slide with the 88 degree front cap, but with my short box, the recommendations I was hearing was pull rite slider. I found a used one, and the rest is history. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. At first, I used the capture plate that came with the hitch, and it screwed ( 9 screws) onto the kingpin area. I really prefer the quick on capture plate I have now held on by just one set screw. IF your rig ever had to be hauled by someone without a slider hitch, the capture plate must be able to be taken off. One set screw makes that easy.

Dean-Pam

I recently upgraded to a Silverado 3500 and installed a B&W Companion hitch since I now have an 8 foot bed. I took out my 16K Pullrite super glide in my 2500 because a friend wanted it for his truck, but has changed his mind about buying a 5er. If you are interested in it, PM me.