Hitting the road despite repair issues

Sunset4k

Well after having a meltdown a couple of days ago over the latest repair issues with our Elkridge, DH and I just decided to live with the coach we fell in love with originally despite its faults...after several diagnostic inspections, we believe we can make another trip before it has to go back to the dealer for warranty work....Soooo we are hitting the road next week to East Texas for Canton's Trade Days..It's like a flee market on steroids!! I love getting ready...making lists, planning food, etc. DH says I am weird...does anyone else enjoy the planning and getting ready process???

If anyone is in the Terrell, Canton, Texas area next week, give us a shout...

Happy Travels,

Diane//heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon6.png

danemayer

Hi Diane,

I don't suppose you'd consider a slight change in your plans. There are 27 Heartland rigs getting together starting next Wednesday for the North Texas Chapter rally in Santo - just a bit west of Ft. Worth right off I-20. The official rally dates are April 4-6, but a bunch of us arrive on Wednesday the 2nd and Thursday the 3rd. Here's a link to the event info.

Many of us do a lot of our own work and we might be able to help out with advice or hands-on for some of the problems you're having. Regardless, we'd love to get together with you and I'm sure you'd have a wonderful time.

Hope you can join the fun.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Diane, I echo Dan's comments, you ought to come to the rally! You'll find lots of friendly, helpful folks, eat tons of food, and swap great stories and ideas.

We'd love to hang with you in Canton or as you pass through Terrell, but we'll be in Santo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrgrs50s

Canton is close to our neck of the woods. We live in Scurry, Tx and will be camping at the I-20 RV Park in Canton, April 25th through the 27th with an independent RV Club called Cowtown RV Club if your up for another adventure around that time.

Also, we will be camping with the North Texas Chapter of the Heartland Ownwers Club April 4th thru 6th. We camped with the North Texas Chapter in Canton in January and met some great people and had lots of fun. As Dan said, if you can manage to fit the rally in, I'm sure you would enjoy it.

Sunset4k

Hi Dan, Yep we can change our plans... I PM'd Nander to find out if space is still available... We would LOVE to meet yall!! We have never been to a Heartland rally..

Hope it works out!!

Diane

Sunset4k

WIll be arriving on Friday the 4rth, site 33 Look forward to meeting all of you. Can anyone give me any ideas about the pot luck on the 5th..does everyone just bring whatever they want??

Looking forward to this!!

pegmikef

Barbeque will be provided so everybody usually brings side dishes or desserts or both. Nobody dictates who brings what. Looking forward to meeting you folks and welcome. Mike