Home dump stations

Bones

To all who have done a mod at home to allow you to dump. What have you done? I would like to add a simple solution to be able to clean out my tanks or being able to work on my rig at home. I have a walkout basement in the back of the house and a drain pipe there. I have a drain pipe at the front of the house. All this is on the interior of the house. I have a concrete drive way. I'm looking for a simple easy and possibly temporary solution to be able to dump the tanks at home when working on the rig. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? I'm just trying to see if I can make my life easier since most of our time is spent as weekend warriors. It takes me about an hour or more depending on when the DW finishes the interior during the end of the trip to dump tanks clean them out and back-flush hoses. I think the ultimate setup would be permanent but not yet.

willett

I found our 4 inch pvc pipe that goes to our septic tank, about 2 foot deep 10 foot from house. drilled a 4 1/2 inch hole in the top of it then took a pvc tee 6 inch x 6 inch by 4 inch and cut the bottom of the 6 inch part off. laid it over my hole with 4 inch pvc sticking straight up. gently poured one bag of sackret around in it and filled the hole back up. next day cut the 4 inch pvc off and glued a threaded end on it just like a campground. it is in a mulched area in our front yard and flush with the mulch. I keep a resin boston terrior on top of the scew in cap instead of covering in with mulch. easer than digging up the pipe and installing a 4x4x4 tee and never had a problem in 8 years. also have a clean out in my septic line if I ever had to snake it. dump station at home is so sweet.

avvidclif

Since my septic system is on the opposite end of the house from the RV tapping into it is not a viable solution. What I have been considering is one of the macerators that connects directly to the RV. A 50' run of large hose (1") would get me to a cleanout on the back wall of the house.

Just my thoughts, any problems???

Ladiver

We tied into our sewer clean out. Works like a champ. I actually have two dump stations, one at each end of the parking area.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Did the same as Jeff. Hooked into a clean out before we poured the concrete patio when the home was new. Worked great for 15 years. New home well not so much as I have no idea where the sewer lines are.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Since my septic system is on the opposite end of the house from the RV tapping into it is not a viable solution. What I have been considering is one of the macerators that connects directly to the RV. A 50' run of large hose (1") would get me to a cleanout on the back wall of the house.

Just my thoughts, any problems???

This is what I've done my run is only 15' works fine.

mlpeloquin

Did the same as Jeff. Hooked into a clean out before we poured the concrete patio when the home was new. Worked great for 15 years. New home well not so much as I have no idea where the sewer lines are.

Bob - Your new/old house is in California. Should have a clean out by code. Mine is outside in the backyard which is worthless except for the kitchen. Never has been openened. You should find one outside where your kitchen sink is on the inside. Seems that is where all builders put them in case too much fat is put down the drain and clogges it up.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

That's also what my RV is parked on the kitchen side of my house so I'm pumping it into the 2" cleanout. Unfortunately my main 4" cleanout is on the opposite side of my house.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Yes Mark that should be the case......but this new to us house is 40 years old and concrete everywhere. When we get the keys....soon I hope....I will investigate more.

CarterKraft

I use the Sewer Solution and 120' of 1" PVC.

Even with the low water pressure I have out at the shop it has no problem pumping the waste the 120'.

I store the pipe in a craddle on the back of my shop but might put it in a trench one day.
Even having to assemble the pipes it is is still very easy to assemble and use.

CarterKraft

They are not solid after being ran through the "pump" the fine water jet turns them into less than solids...

My 11 year old son though it was the grossest thing he had ever seen, you can imagine.

The Sewer Solution is not fast per se but it doesn't really matter to me because I have this at minimum 60' barrier between the RV and the dump. It's easier just to park it in it's final resting spot and dump than it is to make multiple maneuvers to get close to the dump.

I have a two way splitter on a water hose so I can run the black tank flush while I am dumping and also use the SS in back flush mode to clean the Poo pyramid if there is one.

Youtube it, it works pretty well and has no parts to wear out.

Gizzy

I use the Sewer Solution as well along with about 30 ft of PVC into a 2 inch clean out. It works great and did not cost big bucks.

Even with the low water pressure I have out at the shop it has no problem pumping the waste the 120'.

I store the pipe in a craddle on the back of my shop but might put it in a trench one day.

pegmikef

I use a similar set up, but only thirty feet of PVC to an existing sewer line cleanout opening. It is slightly up hill from my rig to the opening, but the water pressure handles it just fine.