Home

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Renee and I made it home last night from 2 wonderful weeks at Ocean Lakes CG, in Myrtle Beach,SC. The first week was spent with our children and their spouses, and some great friends that we have camped with for over 20 years.The second week was spent with 2 great people,John and Debbie Bylinski. We had a wonderful time.We saw alot of Heartland products,handed out a few HOC cards.Because of one of these cards we meet two more great people,Chris and Shannon(BigBubbs25). Thanks guys for the extra food items you gave us when you left.Glad you made it home safely.We had a good safe trip.The only problem was that the check engine light came on in my truck about half way home yesterday.We stopped and checked for any visible sign of a problem and found nothing.The truck was running and towing fine so we put the truck and Landmark in the wind and came on home. I thank God for our wonderful family and friends and for giving us the time away and a safe trip home.

Northern Virginia
Did you find out why the CEL came on? Advance Auto will loan you their scan tool for free. It'll tell you what the problem is, not just a code. Takes 5 minutes.

Good luck,
John

trdeal

Haven't found out yet.My son n law is the commercial parts manager for a local Advance store. He is going to check it out this week and see if it is something we can fix.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Renee and I made it home last night from 2 wonderful weeks at Ocean Lakes CG, in Myrtle Beach,SC. The first week was spent with our children and their spouses, and some great friends that we have camped with for over 20 years.The second week was spent with 2 great people,John and Debbie Bylinski. We had a wonderful time.We saw alot of Heartland products,handed out a few HOC cards.Because of one of these cards we meet two more great people,Chris and Shannon(BigBubbs25). Thanks guys for the extra food items you gave us when you left.Glad you made it home safely.We had a good safe trip.The only problem was that the check engine light came on in my truck about half way home yesterday.We stopped and checked for any visible sign of a problem and found nothing.The truck was running and towing fine so we put the truck and Landmark in the wind and came on home. I thank God for our wonderful family and friends and for giving us the time away and a safe trip home.

Ditto only the names are changed and the check engine light didn't come on! We had a great time at the beach with you and enjoyed meeting fellow NJ members Chris & Shannon. No offense to you guys but the best part was visiting our son in McKenney, VA. It was great. We met his girlfriend Cassie, saw his new mobile home, went swimming and played video games just like when he was younger. Brought the kids over to the CG for a nice dinner and to see the Bighorn. Time with family is always time well spent!

trdeal

That is great! Glad you had a good evening with your son and his girlfriend. No offense taken. Time spent with the family is always time well spent. Have a good week and we will see you soon.

trdeal

Glad all you guys made it home safe. It was nice visiting with all four of y'all last Sunday.
Larry and Sam it was very good to see y'all last Sunday at OL. Looking forward to seeing you again in a few weeks.I heard through the grapevine that your truck and your back did really good going to Nashville. Glad to hear it.Y'alls guys have a good week.

We started out on our trip and our check engine light came on and we did like you did. Checked the manuals while driving and did not find anything wrong. Felt no difference in towing, so went ahead and pulled into Kansas City to a major Ford truck dealer. They hooked up to check codes and the only one they found was the turbo was not spinning as it should. They tore it down and found that the inside housing had rust. They cleaned the inside of the turbo and put it back together. That is all Ford will allow them to do the first time. We drove in town all weekend and everything seemed fine. We left on Monday morning and drove about 60 miles and the check engine light was back on. Dropped the RV in an RV park, took the truck back to the same dealer and this time they completely rebuilt the turbo. We now have gone 700+ miles and so far everything is fine. I was lucky enough to still be on warrenty, complete cost, parts rebuilt about $1,400. This may not be your problem because they had not seen many other trucks that had this turbo problem. They did not know why I had rust on the turbo fins.

trdeal

We started out on our trip and our check engine light came on and we did like you did. Checked the manuals while driving and did not find anything wrong. Felt no difference in towing, so went ahead and pulled into Kansas City to a major Ford truck dealer. They hooked up to check codes and the only one they found was the turbo was not spinning as it should. They tore it down and found that the inside housing had rust. They cleaned the inside of the turbo and put it back together. That is all Ford will allow them to do the first time. We drove in town all weekend and everything seemed fine. We left on Monday morning and drove about 60 miles and the check engine light was back on. Dropped the RV in an RV park, took the truck back to the same dealer and this time they completely rebuilt the turbo. We now have gone 700+ miles and so far everything is fine. I was lucky enough to still be on warrenty, complete cost, parts rebuilt about $1,400. This may not be your problem because they had not seen many other trucks that had this turbo problem. They did not know why I had rust on the turbo fins.
Thanks for the information Gary. Hopefully I will have more info as the week goes on.

jpajax

Hi glad to hear that you made it all right . Hope you got the leak fixed. We just got back from the Heartland rally, had a real good time it was a very well planed event and a big shout out goes out to Jim and all the volunteers that help with this event. Talked with Larry and Sam and SAM said that she had pick me a site at the Mayberry rally this has me kinda thinking have I been good and will get a level shady site or been bad and get the sunny side of the hill down wind from the DUMPSTER. You All have a nice day and see you in Mayberry. Oh ya Sam don't make me NIP THIS THING IN THE BUD.

We're on our way home. Left Nashville around 1pm and pulled into a Jellystone about an hour north of Louisville near Scottsburg, IN. So we're about half way home.

Wondered if we'd see any Heartland's here this time. Sure enough. Pulled in and recognized Rick and Blanca's rig (traveler07).

Sorry to hear about these check engine lights. All Fords? At the rally, my neighbor, Martin Pope had a turbo issue. I believe he got it rebuilt while we were there. The dealership gave him a loaner to use.

As an aside, when we stayed at this same CG on they way to Nashville, we were parked next to a Heartland MPG. Getting hard to not find a Heartland at a campground. That's a good thing :)

jimtoo

Hi all,

We are in Montgomery, Al. for a day or two. Going to just kick back and look around. What a great rally we had in Nashville, thanks to Jim B and Heartland and all the others that helped out.

ON a different subject. I have driven on some bad, rough roads, but I 65 in Birmingham, Al.... that takes the cake.... I though I 10 was bad in Louisiana before they fixed it. Hwy 69 in Oklahoma is good compared to this. When you hit the North side of Birmingham and all the way to 10 mile south of town... it is some of the worst road I have ever been on.. bar none... From the state line down was good,,,, and after getting about 10 miles south... it was good... If there is any way around Birmingham... take it..

trdeal

Hi glad to hear that you made it all right . Hope you got the leak fixed. We just got back from the Heartland rally, had a real good time it was a very well planed event and a big shout out goes out to Jim and all the volunteers that help with this event. Talked with Larry and Sam and SAM said that she had pick me a site at the Mayberry rally this has me kinda thinking have I been good and will get a level shady site or been bad and get the sunny side of the hill down wind from the DUMPSTER. You All have a nice day and see you in Mayberry. Oh ya Sam don't make me NIP THIS THING IN THE BUD.
Hi Jim, Glad you made it home from the rally safely. My ac seems to be fixed. I spoke to your guy at the beach and he told me to run it on medium,and set the thermostat so the compressor would cut on and off. This would give the condensation time to run out of the ac. He also said to set the thermostat on the main ac at about 75. The ac will only pull the inside temperature about 20 degrees below the outside temp.I did as he said and all was well. Did you get your ac fixed. Speaking of the rally, you can go to post number 2 on the Mayberry rally thread , click on the cg map,and see which site you will be in. See you soon.