Houston 2009 Spring rally

jayc

Legendary Member
We had one cancellation but had a name on the waiting list to add, so we're still full. We now have more folks signed up than the first National rally, so congratulations to all. Thanks to everyone!!

Note: Anyone having only one name on the signup list should let me know their husband/wife's name so name tags can be made for all attendees.

I'm trying to work something out to still be able to display some new units for everyone to look through. I have confirmed that Camping World will be sending one of their technicians to the park on Friday and Saturday to do minor repairs. They will also be having a parts display along with an explanation of some new and exciting items being sold through CW and a service manager will be on hand to talk to us about commonly encountered problems with our rigs.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Jim - we will have a 3670rl, 2010 model a month old, is that new enough? I will also have my cook send in her food on monday. Kenny

jayc

Legendary Member
Kenny,
I guess we can allow a month-old trailer in for the rally. I'll be waiting on your cook's dish to add to the list.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Jay - cook has already gone to bed, i forgot to ask her what she is cooking. I guess it depends on what road kill we can get along the way. Armadillo & possum is great this time of year, still cool enough so it does not spoil on the road for a few days. Kenny

jimtoo

Hey Kenny,, don't forget about the gators you might find along the roadway.
Mighty fine eating. Also,, you might bring a sack of crawfish, make a mighty good boil...or crawfish pie. You know,, just a couple of suggestions..

Jim M

jayc

Legendary Member
That sounds like a fine meal to me. I'm gonna have my wife cook us some grits to go with our possum, armadillo and gator......yummmm

Tom of Ypsi

With all that good food we should be able to sit at the fancy eat'n table and reach our food with the pot passers (cue sticks for the non Beverly Hillbillies fans).

Jay, You could also get the chow wagon that was at the Prevost Rally last Oct to cook all of that fine food.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
There is a Good Sam's park in Sealy, bout 30 miles west of Houston, that could easily handle anything you throw at it. Cable, wireless, fairly close to shopping...generally, a nice little park.

There is an RV Park east of Houston. Bring your own gun. Everything else is either too small, or nothing but an asphalt parking lot. You'd be better off going out to the west towards San Antonio. Lots of good sized RV parks out that way. There are also several RV parks north of Houston towards Huntsville or Cleveland.

In 5 years there probably won't be any RV parks within 50 miles of Houston. The property values are too high to allow RV parks anymore. It's like towing through Manhatten to get anywhere there now.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
hey kenny,, don't forget about the gators you might find along the roadway.
Mighty fine eating. Also,, you might bring a sack of crawfish, make a mighty good boil...or crawfish pie. You know,, just a couple of suggestions..

Jim m

i get tired of eating the same ole cajun stuff all the time. We just had some boudin egg rolls, talk about good. When i'm eating boiled crawfish, i always wonder what they are eating up north where the crawfish don't grow. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

jimtoo

Hey Kenny,,,

You might stop at Welsh, La,,, exit 54 go South 2 blocks...on the right is Cajun Tails Restaurant, small place. The have the best Cajun dinner platter, 5 different crawfish dishes, one platter will almost feed 2 people. Their crawfish pie is to die for. (Last time we were there we bought some extra and put in the freezer.) Bring a mess of that to the potluck dinner and you will be number one. Some of that good boudin sausage from the Red caboose up at Kender would be good also. Make it mild, don't think to many folks could handle the spicey.:D

Jim M

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
hey kenny,,,

you might stop at welsh, la,,, exit 54 go south 2 blocks...on the right is cajun tails restaurant, small place. The have the best cajun dinner platter, 5 different crawfish dishes, one platter will almost feed 2 people. Their crawfish pie is to die for. (last time we were there we bought some extra and put in the freezer.) bring a mess of that to the potluck dinner and you will be number one. Some of that good boudin sausage from the red caboose up at kender would be good also. Make it mild, don't think to many folks could handle the spicey.:d

jim m

jim - been there done that. Welsh is 25 miles from me. We've eaten at almost every place on i-10 from san antonio to new orleans. Next time you pass thru south la., go to jennings, la. And take the road north toward basile, la. (two exits at jennings, it is the east exit) go north toward basile about 10 miles, about the time you think you are in the middle of crawfish ponds and rice fields, and will never see civilisation again, you will find di's restaurant. They have the best boiled crawfish in louisiana. They also have a cajun band at night on the weekends.
Also "the best stop" also off of i-10 at the (i think) scott, la. Exit to the north a few miles. They have more cajun food than you will know what to do with. Stuffed pork chop, stuffed chicken, boudin, cracklins, seasonings, fresh meat, and etc. It is a typical hole in the wall butcher shop. People stop from all over the usa on i-10 and load up. Bring your ice chest.
Kenny

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I wish I could skip ahead a few years and then get put on "HOLD". :D See you in a few days. We'll be in Thursday. I'll probably need a cold one after getting through the traffic.:eek:

jayc

Legendary Member
We're here, warming up a site for everyone's arrival. The weather is clearing off after a night of rain. It is supposed to be a little cooler tonight. Weather.com shows low temps in the low-mid 50's next week with highs in the low 80's.

It's gonna be a fun weekend.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We're here, warming up a site for everyone's arrival. The weather is clearing off after a night of rain. It is supposed to be a little cooler tonight. Weather.com shows low temps in the low-mid 50's next week with highs in the low 80's.

It's gonna be a fun weekend.

The weather is crazy right now. You are 50 miles south of me and have temps in the 70's and here right now 50 miles north the temperature is 57. I think the cold front is stalled between you and me. We are also getting rain off and on.

jayc

Legendary Member
The front stalled a little bit south of us and then backed up. I just came in from a walk around the park and it was very pleasant outside. The sun is just coming out.

Come on down Jim....