How hard is it to remove the LM dining table top

JBoyerinAbq

Hello all. During our PDI, the dealer noticed a small crack in the dining table top, I actually would have never noticed it. They order a replacement from Heartland which has arrived. They called today to schedule bringing our 2016 Newport in to get it swapped out. I'd like to know if anyone has ever removed the table top and if so, how difficult was it? Getting the unit out of storage and then to the dealer is a day long drill. They said I could do it myself - it was totally up to me. It would save me tons of grief to swap at my leisure.

Thanks for any input, safe travels!

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

Garypowell

Re: How hard is it to remove the dining table

Don't know your exact table but mine is a pedestal type. Four screws and it can be flipped over. Remove about 6 - 8 screws and the top comes off the base.

Just removed mine to refinish the top.

Very easy!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Assuming they sent you right wood color. You'll want to double check before you waste your time dragging it down there. Not sure how far away dealer is. As for doing the job It's not to hard but the table is very heavy so you'll need a hand getting it in there. I'll take some pictures for you in a sec. I shimmed and leveled mine up a while back. Apparently it's not on my thread. But if you need any info or tips let me know
From what I see it's 4 screws
f19c59d2a416726615952c6352237af0.jpg

69a7d62042453fc604fbe4d48f0c26eb.jpg

01df9d7d096ef7c2da2e0399ae679cc1.jpg

Westwind

Question is do they have the right table? I think replacing it is a task I would want to do, but then I'm a little anal and I've seen few RV mechanics or lot boys that I would trust doing something without me standing over them. I would be careful working on the new one and take my time to do it right, they would be in a hurry.
Good Luck! I definitely hope it turns out OK.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Also make sure you mount it so that it can't hit the island when it's all the way in when the slide comes in.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JBoyerinAbq

WOW! Thanks everyone - great info. I hope the color is correct - the first replacement was wrong so this is their second chance. I'll make sure and compare before I leave the old one.

Jerrod - you've got me wondering when you say to mount it so it will not hit the island. Does that mean it does not have pre-drilled holes? I assumed it would be half-a-dozen screws/bolts out, same set back in the new one! If you think it is not pre-drilled, I'll make sure and take crazy accurate measurements of the old one. It has only a couple inches clearance from the island...

Thanks again all - this forum has helped us tremendously. We LOVE our Newport which we bought after lurking in this group nearly a year.