How I Get My Dometic to Cool in 100 Degrees

rxbristol

Last summer, to help my Dometic fridge out, I trimmed the upper air flow panel to the correct location and put a large computer fan to "push" air. It helped, but now that we face north and my fridge is on the west side it needed more help in our 90 plus degree weather. Here's what I did and my Dometic is doing well:

1. Installed the computer fan at the top to "pull" air and a LOT of warm air comes rushing out.
2. Give the thermistor additional space. It seems if I put items next to the thermistor, the fridge doesn't cool as well.

I ran an extension cord and the fan and fridge share the same plug. Obviously, I remove it when traveling.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 337
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 334

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have a Dometic also but it isn't in a slide. I have no problem with it cooling in the 90-100 degree weather.. I think that makes a lot of difference..

mobilcastle

I Insulated all around my refrigerator and put a top baffle in and used reflective insulation against the exterior wall. Two exterior fans. Added a fan into the interior of the refrigerator to keep the air circulating. We were in 100+ degrees in the south and frig had no problem staying cool.