How many hours of drive time until you take a rest stop?

Ladiver

If I am not towing, it is non stop till the tank is on "E". If DW is with, then it is a stop ever 3 hours. I have never really pushed it while towing. I base everything on my mindset and how I am feeling. If it was a bad day at work and traffic sucks, we pull off and relax a bit. If everything is good, I can normally go 3-4 hours till brain needs a break.

Worst thing to ever happen, happened last trip out. DW finally "realized" that we were pulling our toilet and she could have me exit at any time. We made it 50 miles. I now know 3 good places to stop between Orange County and Chula Vista (110 miles). :mad:

Snow

We like to stop every 2 hours mainly for fuel these 250 don't have a big tank also like to look over the trailer for any issues the tires mainly , iam hopeing Santa got me a tpms for Christmas since I have the towmax but so far they look ok only about 3000 miles on them , hope to see some of y'all at Bethpage ⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️ PS marry christmas

sjs731

We go as far as 25 gallons of diesel gets us at a time. I always say I would like an auxiliary tank but I think we would just stop as often but not have to fill up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve and Carrie
HOC# 2252
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch
2012 Sundance 3300CK

JanAndBill

About 6 hours towing is really all I care to do. At our age there really isn't any reason to push beyond that. The DW can go all day without stopping, while I on the other hand (depending on the number of cups of coffee consumed before we leave) tend to stop several times :p rest areas, walmart parking lots, get on ramps, been there done that.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We can do about 8-10 hours in a day, to get where we need to be. 6 is better. Don't ask me how I know. ;). We stop every couple hours, usually at rest areas, if possible, for a stretch and restroom. With Aux tank, we don't have to stop for fuel. We have stopped at pullouts or picnic areas for a restroom break in our coach if needed. Often we'll make lunch (sandwiches) at a rest stop, and either eat in the coach or in the truck, depending on the weather conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westwind

Our first day on the way to Florida is Rhode Island to North Carolina. We stop 3 times for fuel and at least 1 restaurant break (Cracker Barrel) and maybe a bathroom stop. It's about 460 miles. Second day is Florida/Georgia Line, not the band the state line, That's 2 fuel stops, 1 restaurant stop and about 420 miles. Day three, this year we are going straight to the Gulf Coast so I would say 240 miles two fuel stops.

Dutch & Di

We stop every 2 hours. Good to stretch your legs, heat the coffee and switch drivers. I think it also helps keep you more alert. Hugs, Di