How much sewer hose is usually needed and what brands do you recommend?

CliffP

We're planning to get sewer hook ups whenever they're available.

What's a good total length to buy?

What brand(s) do you recommend?

Thanks,

Cliff and Mindy

GOTTOYS

About 15-20 feet is usually enough. Any brand will work. My latest is called Rhino-Flex. I like it better than most for a couple reasons. The fittings swivel making it easier to set-up. It collapses like an accordian and stays collapsed for storage. I think it's a little heaver also. I carry a cheaper one also in the rare event I need an extra long hose. In some places I don't even put it out until the last day I'm there, then I move the trailer to enable me to use a short hose to dump. Less to clean-up that way....Don

robnmo

About 15-20 feet is usually enough. Any brand will work. My latest is called Rhino-Flex. I like it better than most for a couple reasons. The fittings swivel making it easier to set-up. It collapses like an accordian and stays collapsed for storage. I think it's a little heaver also. I carry a cheaper one also in the rare event I need an extra long hose. In some places I don't even put it out until the last day I'm there, then I move the trailer to enable me to use a short hose to dump. Less to clean-up that way....Don

Ditto. We use the Rhino Flex but bought a cheap one for an extension if needed (had to use it once).

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
I have used the Blue Line sewer kit for the past 5 years. You can find it on page 106 of Camping World master catalog. I have two 5ft sections and one long section I think is about 20ft. Unlike Gottoys, we put ours out when we set up because we have a washer and need to open the gray water valve when my darling decides to wash clothes. The Rhino system is also very good. I think you get what you pay for when it comes to sewer hoses. Many RV dealers carry the Rhino hoses. Happy camping.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Like the others have said, most any brand seems to work fine. We have never needed more than 20 feet and most often only one 10 ft section. I have used the BlueLine product and now have the Valterra. Tried to get a Rhino but local shop was out. Often they sell the Rhino at WalMarts!

RhinoFlex

BlueLine

Valterra

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I agree with SJH on the brands. I have Rhinoflex and Valterra.
I carry 40' and I have been places where I have needed about 35' of it. You have to wonder who designs some of these campgrounds.
I have three ten foot lengths and I cut the forth one in half and added fittings to give me two fives. Trace

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Length depends on the campground. At our seasonal site, I can easily make it to the sewer with only a 15ft section of RhinoFlex since the pedestal is in the center of the site. At the Goshen rally, I needed to add my 10ft extension to reach the sewer at the rear of the site. I also carry two 5ft sections of RhinoFlex.

I like the heavy construction of the RhinoFlex, even though it costs a bit more. The cheap hoses don't last very long, tend to flop off the stands, and are easily damaged.

CliffP

Thanks for the replies! On that subject, we hadn't thought about stands. Any recommendations there?

Thanks,

Cliff and Mindy

PeternLiane

We use the Rhino hose. It works great for us. I also have never needed to use more than the 2 10 foot sections connected together.

PeternLiane

Thanks for the replies! On that subject, we hadn't thought about stands. Any recommendations there?

Thanks,

Cliff and Mindy

On the SOB trailer I had to move the connection to dump. I had to dump the black and then the gray. So I couldn't use the stands. Now that I have only one connection. I'll probably get the same one my brother uses. It's just the accordion type that extends to up to 20 feet.

cableman

Ditto on the Rhino-flex. I carry One 15' section and also a 5' section that I used at goshen. Never needed more than that, But I have 2 more five footers if needed. I also have an accordion style stand an I just got it last year and it is really nice to have.

TeJay

I think Wally World caries the Rhino-flex. If it's the one with the yellow fittings then its good. They are sturdy and don't leak. At first I didn't think they would fit into the storage bumper but after I turned the fittings they will fit.
TeJay

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We've had a few different brands, but like the Rhino we have now the best. I think we have a 15ft, plus a 5ft Rhino extension. Seems that the cheaper they are, faster they fail. We use a Slunky support.

E

Birchwood

We do use Rhino because someone recommended it but its not really compatable with other makes meaning
its difficult to splice to other makes because the diamenter is less than most.We are using one per year as they
tend to tear easily after 4 months in the Florida sun.Currently I am using a 30 ft hose for sewage but normally
I get by with a 10 ft hose.I have actually had to use over 20 feet quite often so be prepared.

djlogan

You should check out sewer solution at Tweety's or CW. Garden hose vs stinky slinky - no contest. The system works great.