How To Identify Type of Axle on Cyclone

gunnere7

Waiting on my new 3800 to come off the line and was wondering how to tell the difference between the 6000lb and 7000lb axels. Want to know for the PDI.
Can't wait. It went on the line on feb 10. Thanks

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: How To Identify Type of Axel on Cyclone

There should be a tag:
qa3eva4y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TaraJ

Tandum axel, carry 6000lbs on each side and tri axle carry 7000lbs on each side

DocFather

Tandum axel, carry 6000lbs on each side and tri axle carry 7000lbs on each side

My '14 4100 came with 3 * 6k axles - had I ordered one I would have opted for 7k if they were an option, but the HL site says the only option besides what mine has would be 2 * 7k on some models but not the 4100

• Triple 6,000 lb. Axles (most models)
  • Two 7,000 lb. Axles (3010, 3110, 300C, 3100, 3418)

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors

Don't believe the labels. We ordered 8k axles on our Bighorn and they are labeled 7k.
I had the Dexter rep (at the national rally) verify the 8 k axles with 8k springs and the larger brakes.
You can go to Dexter website and get the O.D. spec. on the 7 k axle and measure yours with a micrometer when doing your pdi.
You can get a cheap plastic tool for measuring outside and inside diameters of pipes at lowes / home depot or northern tool.
If 7k is on your build sheet it likely will be, but I would check anyway. :cool: (you can have Heartland (not your dealer) e-mail you a copy of the build sheet showing what was ordered and what they intend to build)

scottyb

Contact Dexter with your SN and they will send you the "Build Sheet" for your unit. It tells you everything from tube size, spring type, hub face to hub face length, to bearing #'s.

Attachments

• Dexter Axle Configuration.pdf
    94.3 KB · Views: 41

pegmikef

Contact Dexter with your SN and they will send you the "Build Sheet" for your unit. It tells you everything from tube size, spring type, hub face to hub face length, to bearing #'s.

What SN?

pegmikef

Thanks Erika. I upgraded to 7k axles when I ordered and the label says 7k, but I thought I would just double check.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Just happened to take pics when we upgraded ours back in 2011.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk