Hydraulic Hesitation on Slides and Level up jacks

teasac69

2014 BH 3875FB, just started seeing a new problem..... landing gear and super slides (hydraulic drives) are stopping in mid stream while closing or pulling up the gear. They stop fully but then start up again and sometimes stop again or finish. Seems to me it could be fluid issue but the jug seems full to me. doesn't do it every time so add intermittent to the mix :(

any experience like this out there????

thanks

Tim

danemayer

Tim,

See the attached picture. Your breakers may be in a different arrangement, but one with a thick wire supplies power to the hydraulics pump. It usually trips either due to low battery voltage, dirty or loose connections, or a weak breaker. The breaker costs $10 or less and can be replaced in a few minutes.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 88

eka217

Tim
Same thing happened to me. With all slides in and all jacks up check the full level in the hydraulic reservoir. It takes fluid to move fluid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dave10a

Same thing happened to me. I replaced the 50 amp auto reset pump breaker with an 80 amp manual reset breaker and everything has worked well for several years now.... The pump motor can draw more than 50 amps. If the batteries get weaker the voltage goes down and the current demand increases to compensate-- that will blow the breaker. Also if you are on shore power with weak batteries the converter will produce more power to compensate and blow the converter 50 amp manual reset breaker. My converter is capable of 80 amps and the geniuses at Heartland installed a 50 amp breaker. The 80 amp breakers cost more and require heavier wire which also costs more. Evidently they felt everyone will have batteries that will never require 80 amp charge with other peripherals running at the same time. It is anti intuitive to install and 80 amp device fused at 50 amps.

teasac69

Update just in case someone has the same issue ...

Dan was right it was the 50 amp 12-24 breaker on the copper bussbar and costs 4.99 at O'Reilly but has opposite mounting orientation. No problem just loosen the one above and below and slide it in place and tighten everything down.

One symptom to help trace this is the voltage on the back side of the failing breaker was 10.9 and falling when you actuate the pump. When good shape it reads same combined battery voltage.

had the same problem, here is a link to what LCI sent me:

Good Morning,

I am going to make a list of things for you to check in your coach.

1. Use a marker to mark the jacks and make sure they are not losing height.

2. I want you to top off the fluid reservoir and also try adding some anti-stiction fluid. There is a link at the end of this email to the document for the fluid.

3. I want you to unplug from shore power and test the voltage at the hydraulic pump when the breaker is tripping or the fuse is blowing. We need to make sure that the voltage is not dropping below 12 volts. This is a strict 12+ voltage system. If it drops at all under 12 volts, the amps will spike and cause the breaker to blow.

4. I also want you to take your coach batteries and get them load tested in order to make sure that we are not looking at a voltage concern coming directly from your batteries.

http://www.lci1.com/assets/content/..._Anti_Stiction_Fluid_To_Hydraulic_Systems.pdf

also the owners manual says to change the fluid every other year.

pegmikef

Yep, just replaced by breaker yesterday with Dan's guidance. Went to NAPA to get a couple more spares, but they were closed, so I ordered a couple from Amazon.