Hydraulic line pop off

Seren

Arrived at a campground near the Great Sand Dunes. Started the auto leveling and noticed hydraulic fluid squirting onto the ground at the middle, door side leg. Found that the house popped off the crippled end. Do not want to have someone drive 25 miles to fix it, is there a way to temporarily attach it? I probably need to drive to town anyway to get some ATF to replace the people of fluid on the ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RDsStudio59

You could try to cut the crimp ring off and trim the end of the hose off so it is contacting a fresh surface. Slide it back onto the connection and put a couple of worm gear clamps on it side by side. Refill fluid with all rams fully retracted and give it a try.

Safe Travels,

Roger

Gary521

There is a fitting that screws on the end of the hose. You will need a couple wrenches. Perhaps they might have one at the closest large town. By Great Sand Dunes, are you referring to the ones in Colorado? If you are, check Alamosa

Oregon_Camper

There is a fitting that screws on the end of the hose. You will need a couple wrenches. Perhaps they might have one at the closest large town. By Great Sand Dunes, are you referring to the ones in Colorado? If you are, check Alamosa

I am NO expert...so I could be way off base here....just trying to learn.

Isn't the fitting you're referring to, still on there? I seems like the fitting is where I have the blue arrow and then the hose goes inside the fitting (following the red arrow path)

Am I wrong? :confused:

Capture.JPG

Edit...either way, unless you've done this a few times, i think you'll need a professional to complete this repair. See this YouTube video on a how hose crimp is done. The video says for AC, but it sure looks the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wrxWeMamiQ

avvidclif

Try and find a NAPA store that can make lines and replace it. That fitting has 2000PSI on it and hose clamps just won't work. Since the fittings are $20-40 each and the crimp tools start about $1200 might be money ahead to call the service guy.

Oregon the AC lines run up to 3-400 PSI, this a a whole different animal at 2000.

TedS

Check with an auto parts store for a field repair fitting. Make sure it is for polyurethane hose, 100R7, not rubber covered wire braid hose, 100R2.

RDsStudio59

Try and find a NAPA store that can make lines and replace it. That fitting has 2000PSI on it and hose clamps just won't work. Since the fittings are $20-40 each and the crimp tools start about $1200 might be money ahead to call the service guy.

Oregon the AC lines run up to 3-400 PSI, this a a whole different animal at 2000.
It's a temporary fix. Apparently the factory crimp was temporary too.

Safe Travels,

Roger

Seren

Yep, Colorado... thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MTPockets

Your pic shows a bad crimp. If properly crimped by the supplier, that would never happen. You're better off to remove the hose and take it to any hydraulic hose supplier and get a new one made.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Mike - there has been some good suggestions and it looks like you can do a temporary fix until you get to a bigger location with service. We were in Alaska when we lost our main hydraulic line from the pump. Luckily we were close enough to Anchorage that Nathan could run to a hydraulic shop, having them make us a new line. We elected to get a heavier line so hopefully this problem wont happen again.

pegmikef

If you can take the broken line with you when you buy the new one. I think they charged me 30 - 40 bucks to make the new line and it is a lot stouter than the factory installed one.

rick-99

Most Ag equipment dealers can make you a new hose and may be near smaller towns. Poor crimp on hose, at pressures involved replacement is safest option.

Rick Shaffer

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

If it were me. I'd get one of these 1/4" Aeroquip fitting and try it. They are really easy to install. I'm not sure if it will work with that type of hose but I'd try it before I pulled the belly pan off. That word probably be intended to be a temporary fix that would end up being permanent if it works.. LOL
I wish I could find a breakdown of the fitting to show you how it works.

https://www.zoro.com/eaton-aeroquip-fitting-straight-14-in-hose-12-20-jic-4411-5s/i/G2867864/

Z-1wp_fo5oy.JPG

CoveredWagon

Be worked with a lot of aeroquip products but am not sure if they make reusable fittings for plastic hoses. I believe what is shown is for braided hoses. Check the catalog first though.

olcoon

Getting it repaired is a simple thing. Take the broken hose off, there should a different fitting on each end. One end is fixed (solid), the other end can turn. That is so when you attach the new line attach the fixed end first, then attach the other end that can turn. You can go to just about any auto parts store, or farm shop & get a new one made, especially in a farming/community. It's a relatively easy fix, probably need a 3/4" open end wrench, or close to that, also you'll probably need another open end wrench. I've replaced a bunch of them on my tractor. One other thing you'll probably need is fluid to replace what was lost when the hose broke.