Installing a two zone Dometic thermostat in a 2014 Bighorn, Model 3570 RS

randes

In my previous 2008 Bighorn I installed a programmable thermostat made by Lenox. When I traded last year for a new 2014 Bighorn I found that the electrical connection was totally different. Instead of having a "Thermostat Cable" with 7 wires in it, only 3 wires feed into the new Dometic one zone thermostat.

I checked and found out that I could buy a two zone Dometic thermostat that was programable from Heartland. I bought it and when I went to install it, I found out that the only way to hook it up was thru the use of a "Phone Jack" and cable. After more investigation, I was told that since I only have one AC that the control module would have to be changed on the AC in order to use a phone jack cable to hook to the thermostat.

A friend of mine bought a new 2013 Montana with only one AC, but it came with the two zone programmable thermostat in it.

I'm wondering if anyone on the forum has figured out a way to make the two zone thermostat work in my unit. I'm tired of waking up to a cold trailer if I forget to turn on my furnace before going to bed. Thanks for your help and/or ideas. Roy Andes

branson4020

Icantre Member
I have a zoned system in my house, but that involves multiple thermostats and the ability to automatically redirect air. What does a two-zone thermostat do in an RV?

randes

The two zone thermostat in an RV allows for control over two AC's from one thermostat. Zone 1 would be the main AC in the living area and zone 2 would be for the one in the bedroom. I only have one AC, so I don't know if there is a separate temperature sensor for the bedroom or not. I just want to be able to Program the one I have to drop the temp at night and bring it back up in the morning automatically.