Interesting News about the Apple iPhone 7

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
All,

As I have had my current phone for 2 years, I am considering upgrading to the new iPhone 7. (Don't try to convince me otherwise!)

I read some interesting info about the versions of the iPhone out there, and thought I would share:

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/apples-new-iphone-7/

Here's the nitty gritty:

[h=2]Model Differences: A1778 & A1784 Limitations[/h][FONT=&quot]
There is a very important difference between models lurking on this spec sheet!​
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The iPhone 7 comes in two different versions in the US.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Model A1660 (iPhone 7) and A1661 (iPhone 7 Plus) will be sold by Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular, and by Apple as the "universal" version.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This model WILL work on every carrier in the US, and almost everywhere around the world.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Model A1778 (iPhone 7) and A1784 (iPhone 7 Plus) will be sold by AT&T and T-Mobile, and this model is different in one key way: it lacks a CDMA radio, meaning that it will not be fully useable on Verizon or Sprint![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Apple mentions this critical difference deep in the iPhone 7 sales FAQ:[/FONT]
iPhone offers the same innovative features regardless of the wireless carrier you choose. If you choose AT&T or T-Mobile as your wireless carrier, your iPhone will use 3G cellular technology for voice services and either 3G or 4G LTE cellular technology for data services. iPhone can roam internationally on many GSM carriers around the world. If you buy iPhone with AT&T or T-Mobile, it will not work on Sprint or Verizon Wireless.
If you choose Sprint or Verizon Wireless as your wireless carrier, your iPhone will use CDMA cellular technology for voice and data services. If you buy an unlocked iPhone with Verizon or Sprint, it will work on AT&T or T-Mobile.An iPhone activated on Sprint or Verizon Wireless also has the ability to roam internationally on GSM networks. For details on LTE network support, please see www.apple.com/iphone/LTE.
[FONT=&quot]In other words - to maximize your future flexibility and compatibility, do not buy an iPhone 7 from AT&T or T-Mobile![/FONT]

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 1.24.24 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 1.24.24 PM.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We're "stuck" with the iPhone 6s from Verizon for a while. Just got them a couple of weeks ago, upgrading from the 4's that we have had since 2012. Went from 8GB to 128GB because the old ones kept saying there wasn't enough memory to take a photo anymore (even though we'd deleted all of the old ones). And they were starting to act up.

Sarge

I've switched back and forth between iPhones and Samsungs based on the deals given at the time - They both have pros and cons.

iPhones seem easier to use and Samsungs seem to handle largest work files easier.

I'm no racist - I like them all...

Sarge

MCTalley

We recently replaced our iPhone 5s's with iPhone SE's. We were sorta dreading the larger phone footprint and were pleased when they announced the SE and that is was essentially the same size as the 5/5s (re-use cases, etc.) but with most of the internals of the 6s series.

Carleen

I love my iPhone 6s. Didn't do the plus, but think I should have. I also have the Lifeproof waterproof case with battery. Works great! I am not ready to upgrade yet, but will be excited when the time comes.

Carleen
2011 Ford F-350 6.7
2011 Big Horn 3585RL

dlw930

I got an email from Verizon saying I qualified for an iPhone 7 if I trade in my 6. There was some fine print in addition to a 2 yr contract (surprise, surprise!!) that I need to checkout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

I love my iPhone 6s. Didn't do the plus, but think I should have. I also have the Lifeproof waterproof case with battery. Works great! I am not ready to upgrade yet, but will be excited when the time comes.

Carleen
2011 Ford F-350 6.7
2011 Big Horn 3585RL

Tony has the 6 plus, I have the 6S. I think my eyes have overruled my hands to get the 7plus. I need it bigger to see, even if it's not as friendly to hold!

Oregon_Camper

Tony has the 6 plus, I have the 6S. I think my eyes have overruled my hands to get the 7plus. I need it bigger to see, even if it's not as friendly to hold!

Not sure about iPhone, but on my Samsung S7 I can change the font size in settings. I clicked it up just a few and it made a HUGE difference. See if you have that option, it will really help.

TravelTiger

Not sure about iPhone, but on my Samsung S7 I can change the font size in settings. I clicked it up just a few and it made a HUGE difference. See if you have that option, it will really help.

Oh I already have the fonts/icons set for the larger size, but thanks for sharing. Some folks might not know you can change it.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Not to hijack the thread but I saw this on TV today and on the CNN website.
[h=2]The Consumer Product Safety Commission and Samsung are urging owners of Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 to stop using their phones while they work to formalize how a recall will work.[/h]The warning comes a week after Samsung (SSNLF) announced a voluntary recall of 2.5 million phones worldwide because of a battery problem believed to affect 0.1% of all devices. Some customers reported that their Note 7s caught fire.
A government recall would outlaw the selling of the phone. In its statement, the agency asked owners of the Note 7 "to power them down and stop charging or using the device" in the meantime.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If they make these things any bigger, you might as well carry your laptop on your back. I did manage to find a Bomea nylon belt clip case for the 6s (with the Defender Otterbox cover). I carry my phone on my belt, not in my pocket. The belt holder for the Otterbox made it stick too far out.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I just ordered our 7's. Unfortunately they are on backorder and will not be delivered for a few weeks yet. I was still using a 5s that I have had for 4 years. Excited about getting the new 7's.

Rod