Is it legal??

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
It is still disgusting even if its a 1/2 pint or so. I have to get it fixed or put a second gate valve on.

Get that Valterra gate valve that was posted above.

You can get it at any Camping World for the same price.

I've got one on our trailer . . . it's great!

carl.swoyer

Legal or not there are so many places to dump and your carrying un needed weight

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
The guy was talking about less than a gallon. That is going to end up on the ground anyway.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

farside291

Not even a gallon, I am sure everyone has opened their waste water cap and had some residual liquid come out. That is what I am talking about. I am pretty sure everyone knows not to dump raw sewage on the ground.

2psnapod2

Everyone is so skirmish of this stuff. No one had any issue with it when they used the paper to remove it from your behind. It is a fact of life. It happens. Not the best stuff to have to mess with, but it is something that each and everyone of us have touched many of times. Everyday. A little bit my not smell pleasant but it is not the end of the world. Most of us have this issue and yes the Valtera Valve is the answer. But people really should not be so afraid of it. Just think how it was to raise our kids.

Lynn1130

I can deal with mine just fine. I don't need to deal with that of some stranger anymore than I want someone sneezing on me. Having a small amount of gray water dump by accident is not going to kill a tree or a human but I think the issue with most here is the intentional dumping of large amounts of gray or any black in a location where it should not be dumped, like along a road. And BTW, if you have ever left gray water in a tank for an extended period you know that it can be more obnoxious than black. We usually treat the black tank.

Gary521

Its not a question of whether its the end of the world or not. Grey water contains loads of bacteria and that's the reason that it stinks. It's not just soapy water from the shower or sink.

Crumgater

We had the same issue... the on-board valve would leak - just a little bit - but even 1T of black tank leak is not pleasant when you pull off the end cap and have it drain onto your arm... we added one of the cutoff valves like what was linked to above (3rd post), and that cured the problem!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you are out on an abandoned highway leaving the gray tank open to let any residual gray drain I don't have a problem with that. Most juridictions allow dumping of gray water on the ground (legally) as long as it does not get into your neighbors yard. Most campgrounds (and state and federal ones too) do not allow it. My thoughts. I usually will pull over in an abandon area of the road and take off the small garden hose cap on the larger cap. I do this after the tank is dumped.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
When I was in Boy Scouts (Be Prepared) . . . we used to dig a hole and dump our kitchen waste in it (sump) . . . then cover it when done!

Of course . . . that was back in the 70's . . . so today we probably have newer PC ways to deal with this!

2psnapod2

We did that in the Army. Not too many years ago.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk