Is it worth it? Dealer add ons

lwmcguir

Never buy an extended warranty on anything. With all the money you save, you can either fix it yourself, have your friends fix it, or pay to have it fixed. You will come out better in the long run.

All you are doing with 99% of the extended warranties is paying in advance and paying a surcharge. Read the fine print and you will find Kenny is correct.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I humbly disagree. I have purchased extended warranties on a number of different items and have most of the time more than paid for them with the money I have saved getting repairs done. I had an MTD Lawn Tractor that included free oil changes with the extended warranty and it was always getting worked on. They even put a complete new front end on it once. The warranty cost 300 dollars and I had more than 2000 in repairs done on it. They lost on that one. I believe it is a chance you take. If you paid $4000 for a warranty on your diesel truck and had the engine go out the $13000 repair bill would be too much but your warranty would be a life saver. IMHO.