Is this a charger?

StrongJava

Hello!

In our 2008 Bighorn 3670RL, at the desk, I have a plug hanging down from the cabinet as shown in the attached picture. Is this a charger of some sort?
plug.jpg

Thanks.

Tim

avvidclif

In it's past life it would have been called a cigarette lighter. Currently known as a 12v power receptacle.

DocFather

X-2 Plug in a charger or a CPAP machine

Or an 8-track! :cool:

4ceb2b83598c7_110247n.jpg

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I installed a few in the Horn. I used some from GM cars or trucks as I had a box full and the connectors.

scottyb

Or an 8-track! :cool:

4ceb2b83598c7_110247n.jpg

How many 8 track tapes do you have? A friend of mine still has some of the ones we listened to when we were in high school. I had my player mounted in the glove compartment of my '69 F250. Couldn't mount it below dash because of the aftermarket air. LOL.

Sorry, back on topic. I had to ask the same question about a couple mounted in our rig. I finally tried a phone charger and it fit, and the light came on, so .........

DocFather

How many 8 track tapes do you have? A friend of mine still has some of the ones we listened to when we were in high school. I had my player mounted in the glove compartment of my '69 F250. Couldn't mount it below dash because of the aftermarket air. LOL.

Scotty . . NONE! LOL :confused:

Bob&Patty

No 8 track tapes...but lots of 45 rpm records. I do have an original RCA 45 player for a car. Does anyone remember them?? Seems like Doc has some neat stuff.

Bob&Patty

Yep thats it. If you look real close, you will see loovers at the bottom af the door. That makes it a "real" RCA. RCA only made them for a few years. They came as an option in 1957 in Chrysler cars. A few years later a company named ARC re-produced them. They were very hard on records because of the tone arm pressure. You could drive over RR tracks at 80 MPH and they would not skip. After about a week of playing your favorite tunes....you could hear both sides at the same time. A "real" RCA that works is valued somewhere about $1500. I had several of the ARC's until I found this RCA. Ain't gona give it up. The right person can make them work with the modern radio's. Never had an 8 track. Never liked the fact that you had to play the tape all the way through to hear the same song again. On the RCA all you had to do was hit button before the record was done and it would play the same song again.

OK Doc, did you ever have a "vibrosonic" in your car speaker setup. You know....reverb/echo chamber. They were COOL until you hit the RR track at 80 MPH.

Last edited:

DocFather

Yep thats it. If you look real close, you will see loovers at the bottom af the door. That makes it a "real" RCA. RCA only made them for a few years. They came as an option in 1957 in Chrysler cars. A few years later a company named ARC re-produced them. They were very hard on records because of the tone arm pressure. You drive over RR tracks at 80 MPH and they would skip. After about a week of playing your favorite tunes....you could hear both sides at the same time. A "real" RCA that works is valued somewhere about $1500. I had several of the ARC's until I found this RCA. Ain't gona give it up. The right person can make them work with the modern radio's. Never had an 8 track. Never liked the fact that you had to play the tape all the way through to hear the same song again. On the RCA all you had to do was hit button before the record was done and it would play the same song again.

OK Doc, did you ever have a "vibrosonic" in your car speaker setup. You know....reverb/echo chamber. They were COOL until you hit the RR track at 80 MPH.

No, but I had a Fender Vibrosonic Reverb amp system when I played in a Beatles wannabee group in the 60's

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I had a Fender Vibrosonic, 15" JBL......still have the receipt, but amp is gone.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my awesome Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk