Is this an overflow of some sorts....

bobsue2

noticed water pouring out of this fitting....also out shower dosen't drain very well at all....are these issues connected.....if I turn off the city water supply...the water stops coming out...???

2n9zsw6.jpg

Attachments

• 2n9zsw6.jpg
    2n9zsw6.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 37

danemayer

Hi bobsue2,

The fitting you're showing looks like a fresh tank overflow drain. It also appears to be by the rear axle. The fresh tank is usually located over the axles.

With the 4-way Anderson Valve, water filling the fresh tank is under pressure and when the tank is full, it has to have a place to go.

Your shower on a Key Largo is forward. It and the gray #1 tank it drains into are located in the forward part of the trailer, in the drop frame area. So the slow shower drain is probably unrelated.

Take a look at the shower drain. The drain cap should lift out easily. I put a small screwdriver into one of the drain holes to lift it. You may have a buildup of hair in the drain fitting under the cap.

pegmikef

That's where the fresh water overflow is on my BH and when the check valve in my pump failed the tank was slowly backfilling through the pump when I was connected to city water. I simple switched to the pump and turned off the city water until I almost emptied the fresh water tank. I ended up putting an inline check valve in instead of messing with the pump.