Is this normal on a 3110?

Zoomzoommo

Is it normal to have a gap above the bathroom door, or did the factory neglect to install a decorative trim header? I just noticed this after having the unit for a month. Perhaps the gap is there for air flow purposes?

7A8828DA-EFD0-4E6C-B3F8-BEE0E674B3C2-8693-000005AE373324A8_zps38e0b296.jpg

oscar

Yes, I have seen this on many RV's manufactured recently. If you don't like it it shouldn't be too hard to put a filler piece in. In fact, there's a section near the wood trim department in your local Home Depot or Lowe's where they sell NICE decorative pieces. You could put something pretty in there.

jpdoggett

It is the design for the air flow through out the RV, if the doors all fit tight the return air would nit be able to get to the cool air return which is in the main liveing area of our Landmark.

rgwilliams69

I can confirm that our Cyclone 4100 has the same "feature". Also seems to help supply the bathroom with air when you have the fan on trying to get steam (or odors) out the top.

Zoomzoommo

On a side note how are you liking yours so far? We just picked our up last weekend. So far I love it!

I've been having a blast just researching sewer hoses, wheel chocks, levels, back up cameras, step rugs, towel bars, dishes, etc. etc. etc. The first trip will be late March for a test run, then a mid-April Moto GP trip to Austin. Then six or seven weeks in CO this summer, before Road America in August :)

FiremanBill

Nice! We will taking our down to Georgia for the South Eastern Electric Flight Festival in April. May go up into the mountains of Virginia in March when it starts to warm up also.

I'm like you, already looking at lots of cool add on stuff. It doesn't feel right putting a lot of our stuff from our old bunk house trail cruiser in this one!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The gaps above and below doors serve several purposes. One is to help with ventilation and the other is to cut down on weight. Granted the weight save is not much but in an RV every little bit helps.