jbeletti's 2017 F450 Platinum Ultimate

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Re: Considering 2018 F450 Lariat Ultimate

Valor TPMS has internal monitoring. It will also monitor tire temperature. The monitors strap to the rim.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I'm talking about from Ford factory !! Not after market. That's why it seems odd to me. We know there are sensors in motor home and trucks so why can't Ford put them in a F450 ?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired

so why can't Ford put them in a F450 ?

Because they don’t have to due to weight?

Personally I would find the factory settings on my truck annoying. I like being able to set the parameters for high and low pressure and temperature.

I don’t run the sticker pressure in the winter and don't need an alert all the time informing me of that.

CDN

B and B
Re: Buying a 2017 F450 Platinum Ultimate

Congrats on the new Truck Jim. I always found what I wanted on the lot. My method now when going for service at Ford is to be 10 minutes late for my appointment and I go directly to work with the shuttle. Avoids my visits to the sales side and buying new trucks! Bought 2 that way!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Because they don’t have to due to weight?

Personally I would find the factory settings on my truck annoying. I like being able to set the parameters for high and low pressure and temperature.

I don’t run the sticker pressure in the winter and don't need an alert all the time informing me of that.
Good point, in that situation I could see them being a problem. I have that issue on my Jeep, with 37" tire I run them low. I had to buy a Super chip programer to change the speedometer and the tire pressure settings in the dash.
Now on my new set up (F350 - Landmark) I'm running both the Ford factory system for truck and RV in the dash and the TST system. I love the Ford factory system in the dash and I'll put it on the display and watch it to monitor how much the pressures go up on a hot California day. They go from 110 all the way up to 140 when it hot. The TST system gives me temps and pressure but I hate the display and the operations of it. I'm still running it because I have it and it will tell me if somethings getting to hot. I can't hear it beep though.
I also have the TST sensor on my spare tires to keep an eye on them too.

Jerrod

porthole

Retired

Congrats on the new Truck Jim. I always found what I wanted on the lot. My method now when going for service at Ford is to be 10 minutes late for my appointment and I go directly to work with the shuttle. Avoids my visits to the sales side and buying new trucks! Bought 2 that way!

It seems as though dealers that order F-350 DRW’s and F-450’s for stock usually almost always order stock units with snow plow prep packages. That makes it a no-go for us as I prefer the slightly softer springs up front and I’ll never have a snow plow on the truck.

LBR

It seems as though dealers that order F-350 DRW’s and F-450’s for stock usually almost always order stock units with snow plow prep packages. That makes it a no-go for us as I prefer the slightly softer springs up front and I’ll never have a snow plow on the truck.
Our 450 is being built this week and that was one great reason for me ordering....I definitely didn't want that plow prep pkg/ heavier spring rates.

Alan_B

Still curious how this works. When my daughter got me a PIN we had to prove she was a household member.

From the AZX plan website:

"Friends & Neighbors Program

The Friends & Neighbors X-Plan Pricing Program is offered by Ford Motor Company to help employees and retirees to promote Ford Motor Company products among their friends and neighbors. This program offers exclusive discount pricing on most Ford Motor Company products and is key to the ongoing success of the company.

Through the Friends & Neighbors X-Plan Program, Ford Motor Company employees and retirees are allocated a number of personal identification numbers (PINs) per year that they may give to their friends and neighbors to purchase or lease new Ford Motor Company vehicles, generally within 1% of dealer invoice (that's in addition to most public incentives). Anyone is eligible for the X-Plan as long as they have obtained a PIN from their Ford Motor Company employee or retiree sponsor before visiting a dealership."

porthole

Retired

From the AZX plan website:

"Friends & Neighbors Program

The Friends & Neighbors X-Plan Pricing Program is offered by Ford Motor Company to help employees and retirees to promote Ford Motor Company products among their friends and neighbors. This program offers exclusive discount pricing on most Ford Motor Company products and is key to the ongoing success of the company.

Through the Friends & Neighbors X-Plan Program, Ford Motor Company employees and retirees are allocated a number of personal identification numbers (PINs) per year that they may give to their friends and neighbors to purchase or lease new Ford Motor Company vehicles, generally within 1% of dealer invoice (that's in addition to most public incentives). Anyone is eligible for the X-Plan as long as they have obtained a PIN from their Ford Motor Company employee or retiree sponsor before visiting a dealership."

Apparently two different X-plans.
The one you refer to is employees and retirees.
My daughter's pin we used is the "Partnership" program (she is not an employee, works for BoA)

jbeletti

Well, I just put about 1,400 miles on the new truck, around the Elkhart area, then driving it home to Colorado.

First impressions are... I love it! It rides like an F450 but it's as comfortable in the cab as it can get. So many creature comforts and features.

I've yet to read the manual so I'm uncertain how to use everything but here's what I've used and really like so far:
  • Adaptive Cruise Control - one of my favorite features so far
  • Massage Front Seating (heated and cooled as well)
  • Apple Carplay and Android Auto - loved using this for navigation and voice-based text message receiving and responding
  • LED Headlights - Super Bright
  • Power Deployable Running Boards - super handy (I suppose until snow/ice freezes them up!)
  • Push Button Start - And tomorrow I add Remote Access via my phone to start, stop, lock, unlock and find
  • Tailgate Step - I've used it several times already. Great for us big boys!
  • Cameras! Oh my gosh, love the 360 degree cam setup. Awesome when backing into a parking spot too. I have the trailer camera to add to the RV later - it will show up on the dash screen too
  • Auto-Unlock of doors when the FOB is in my pocket and I present to the side of the door
  • Quiet! I'd say, much quieter in the cab at highway speeds than my 2012 was
  • Power Ports (USB, DC and AC) - More of each and conveniently located throughout the cab
  • Exterior Styling - the truck looks like a smart looking beast

justafordguy

Hey Jim, can you give me some details on the remote access by phone you refer to?

jbeletti

Hey Jim, can you give me some details on the remote access by phone you refer to?

Sure thing. This feature can be added to certain Fords, going back many years. Basically, you add a module to the CAN-BUS behind and by splitting the harness for the OBD port. This module is the VSS. Then into the VSS, you add the RMU module. Then you have a Ford dealership program it up, pay AT&T $49 per year, download the Ford Remote Access app and that's it.

I say, "that's it" - but I haven't done it yet. I hope to get a few minutes tomorrow to plug these 2 modules in and call the dealership I bought them from and have them program it.

Pizzaguy

Sure thing. This feature can be added to certain Fords, going back many years. Basically, you add a module to the CAN-BUS behind and by splitting the harness for the OBD port. This module is the VSS. Then into the VSS, you add the RMU module. Then you have a Ford dealership program it up, pay AT&T $49 per year, download the Ford Remote Access app and that's it.

I say, "that's it" - but I haven't done it yet. I hope to get a few minutes tomorrow to plug these 2 modules in and call the dealership I bought them from and have them program it.

Jim, I think on the the '17 you can just download the Fordpass app and link it to your VIN and and you can start/stop and lock and unlock doors with no other mods. I have not done it on mine yet, but did set it up on my Dad's F150 a couple months ago. No charge either!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jim not sure if you figured out the door locks yet.
Key in pocket, stick you fingers in the diver or passenger door handle and it will unlock the doors.
Hand out of the door handle and push the black button in the handle, and all doors lock.
Push the bottom 2 buttons of the key pad to lock the doors.

On the key fob you'll see a little light. When you push the button to remote start it, the light will go green if it starts , Red if it doesn't start.

And lots lots more

Jerrod

jbeletti

Jim, I think on the the '17 you can just download the Fordpass app and link it to your VIN and and you can start/stop and lock and unlock doors with no other mods. I have not done it on mine yet, but did set it up on my Dad's F150 a couple months ago. No charge either!

I’m told these 2 required parts do not come with any trim level and are not orderable with the build.

I think this and a hotspot will be available for 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pizzaguy

I’m told these 2 required parts do not come with any trim level and are not orderable with the build.

I think this and a hotspot will be available for 2018.

Maybe is is not on the Super Duty's like it is on the F150. Like I said, I have not installed it on mine yet. How much $$ was that module you have to add? I have been going to set this up the last couple weeks and haven't yet. Glad you filled us on on this as I expected it to have the capability like the F150..Thanks for correcting me.

jbeletti

Maybe is is not on the Super Duty's like it is on the F150. Like I said, I have not installed it on mine yet. How much $$ was that module you have to add? I have been going to set this up the last couple weeks and haven't yet. Glad you filled us on on this as I expected it to have the capability like the F150..Thanks for correcting me.

I paid $310. Tonight when I get home, I’ll add the part numbers, pricing and order info. I ordered from a Ford dealer selling on eBay.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

Jim, step through the options on your sync/map screen one by one. It took me about half a day to get thru the entire set of options, but I felt a lot more comfortable after going over each capability and selection.

jbeletti

Jim, step through the options on your sync/map screen one by one. It took me about half a day to get thru the entire set of options, but I felt a lot more comfortable after going over each capability and selection.
Thanks Gus - been doing a lot of that already. Need to go over it again though :)