JT Strongarm install on Sundance 3270RES

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am planning on installing a set of JT Strongarms on my Sundance this weekend, but my 3270 has the spare tire mounted under the front storage compartment. That would not be that big a deal if the mechanism to drop the spare were centered under the front edge. Mine is off center to the streetside by about 2 inches. Anyone else run into this? Did you just move the spare drop?

sjs731

I just put Strongarms on my 3300CK this year and I just installed them off center. I don't think mine was 2" off center though.
bepyza4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve and Carrie
HOC# 2252
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch
2012 Sundance 3300CK

billyjoeraybob

Well the JT's are installed. The install took right at 3.5 hrs. Man is it a pain to drill through those frame rails. I ended up mounting the front center brackets slightly off center. I am a plumb and center kind of guy, so I will have to overlook it or it will drive me nuts! It would have been too much to move the spare tire mount. They really do the trick minimizing movement, so I am very pleased with that
.IMG_2361.jpgIMG_2363.jpgIMG_2364.jpg

SD08ER

Bill did you install them on rear jacks too? If so do you have pictures? Do the " T " locking handle have some thing to keep them from coming out going down the road or do you have to tighten them after the jacks are up? I am thinking about putting them on my Graystone.

sjs731

I have electric rear jacks and once the T handles are up they can't turn and come out because of the braces on the rear jacks. The front T handles need to be tightened so they don't come out. ALWAYS remember to loosen them before raising and lowering. Mine are fastened to my hitch because the angle needed to clear hitch would not allow attaching them to frame. Also this lowers clearance significantly. I should know because I broke a mount on the steep entrance into the storage building. Sheared the aluminum mounting tube into 2 angles. Only damage that was done. Just need to fab another at work.
3eqyrere.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve and Carrie
HOC# 2252
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch
2012 Sundance 3300CK

billyjoeraybob

Yes Scott I did install them on the rear also. I mounted mine slightly different than the way Steve's are mounted. I chose to to mount mine from the rear jack foot to the frame rail in front of the jack rather than to the rear. As far as the t-handles are concerned, I assumed that you tightened them after raising to prevent them from vibrating out. I have read where some have drilled holes through the T-handles and attached them with fishing wire so that they could not be lost. I will take my chances there was enough drilling in this project. Here is a pic of the rear.
IMG_2366.jpg

billyjoeraybob

Well took the Sundance out this past weekend with the JT's. Man what a difference! Wish we had gotten some of these installed sooner!