June 2016 trip to Yellowstone, Jacksonhole and Moab.

asplus

Need suggestions for campgrounds in June 2016 at Yellowstone, Jackson Hole, and over to Moab. Traveling in Elkhorn 29 5th wheel with children and grandkids in a 25 foot trailer and 28 foot fifth wheel... Their first trips so looking for fun campground staying 4 days at each area... Thanks Ann and Austin

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
In Yellowstone the CG next to the lake I think its called fishing bridge. allows reservations but book early-like in january

TXTiger

If you have the time also consider going to Custer State Park in So Dakota near Mt. Rushmore. Lots of things for kids to do inside and outside the park. Reptile Gardens, Bear country, 1880 Train to name a few. Not to mention all the activities in the park, Jr Ranger Program, Hook Um and Cook Um kids fishing, kayak lessons and seeing all the Bison in the wild up close.

olybldr55

We are going to Yellowstone in July 2016. Taking a month vacation leaving after the 4th of July. Heading to Mt Rushmore for six nights then over to Yellowstone for six nights then thru Jackson Hole over to the craters of the moon in Arco, Idaho. We are staying at fishing bridge in Yellowstone and have reservations already, make them quickly to get the dates you want.

MTPockets

Fishing Bridge campground in Yellowstone is in fact the only full hook up site inside the park; but it's not pretty. Cramped sites, crowded, bad roads in campground.. FYI

asplus

Thanks all Registered at Fishing Bridge...and KOA in Moab ...only Jackson Hole is problem now..Any suggestions there.. reading reviews of a couple parks rated them low...

IronJ

I would recommend staying just outside the north entrance of yellow for 3 nights then moving to bridge if that's your choice ( it's really cramped and full in summer months)..Yellowstone is just too big and traffic too slow to get everywhere from one side.....you will spend 1/2 your time there driving and stopping for bison and people taking pics...lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

IronJ

In moab I really liked Riverside but they are closing. ...portal is nice and has big spots as well...

IronJ

Also, 6 days In Rushmore?.the actual monument is a one day trip... (night lighting is the best)..if your gonna do 6 days stay in custer...it's awesome..

Also something to consider is a few days in tetons....probably one of my favorite places.!!