Kibnet pairing

We have a 2021 Landmark Newport. I have tried to pair the Kibnet and couldn’t get it connected to the app. I can see it on my blue tooth. I really wanted to get this going and don’t understand what the problem is especially since there is no documentation that I can find. Any ideas would be appreciated.

danemayer

The instructions, thin as they are, are printed on the KIB receiver. Press the button on the KIB-Net Box. You may have to do something on the phone as well.

IMG_0841 2.jpg

Yes I’ve done all that. Heartland even sent me a new one. I see it in the app but can’t get any further. I have never had this with other apps I’ve paired. Just wondering if there is another piece to this I am missing

So I removed everything from the kibnet app and bluetooth and then rebooted my phone a few times. The only issue I have now is that on the app there is an extra awning light appearing but I will work on that some other time.

it is nice that I can turn the lights on from my phone. Isn't technology great!

If I remember, if it is asking for a naming convention it might mean that it was never programed at the factory. I think that is the same problem I had and I called the company that makes kibnet. Heartland sent me a new one. The new one works great and I can do many things from my phone.

Did you ever get yours to work? I sent mine to KIBnet's owner, AT COMP TWICE and it has failed AGAIN. Now, when I push the pairing button, it blinks and I cannot find the Module in new Bluetooth devices which means that the KIBnet unit is not broadcasting a signal to my Android device.

It worked for a week when we returned this May of 2024 and then failed to work. We shipped it back at our expense both ways and it was returned and STILL does not work.

Walt, their Tech "Manager" admitted that he had made it work ONLY on an Iphone. In HIS world, IPHONES must be the only Phones that are tested at their corporate Tech Support/REPAIR facility which is the HEIGHT of inanity. INSANITY is more like it.

So, I contacted Heartland and, NATURALLY, they are crying "out of warranty" which is SO TYPICAL OF AMERICAN RV MANUFACTURERS who wiggle out of HELPING A CUSTOMER SOLVE PROBLEMS. This is what it has come to. If my 2020 were brand new, they would replace it.

HOWEVER, I AM ARGUING that I HAVE TRIED TWICE to get it reset/repaired/working and even the Manufacturer is wanting us to Mail it back AGAIN, for the 3rd time. How many times do I have to go out of pocket before HEARTLAND LIFTS A PINKY FINGER and offers some "Special support?"

I do not want or expect a new unit, just one that is re-programmed and WORKING WITH BOTH Iphones and ANDROID PHONES. Again, that Walt character is acting like Iphones are the only smart phones being used.

THAT is absurd because there are more ANDROID PHONES SOLD now than Apple phones. This is a known fact.

Does ANYONE have access to a Management person at Heartland who can intercede with ATM COMP and get this freaking thing working?