Kitchen Cabinet Trash Can

brlr2000

Has anyone found an inexpensive method of attaching a kitchen trash can to the inside of the cabinet loated under the sink? I really don't want to install a slide-out trash can, because I think it would take up too much room...Just a simple trash can holder mounted to the actual cabinet door. I would prefer using a garbage can with a cover, so if you have a source for such a trash can that will fit, let us know.

bighorn3370

I put in a slide-out trash can. I do not see big difference between and mounting on the door or the floor. Just my 2 cents. Ernie

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
I use a plastic coated wire container than fastens long side to the back of the door with two screws. It holds a typical plastic grocery bag. I like it because it was cheap, about $6; it takes up very little room in the cabinet; and the bag is small enough to be discarded daily. The bad news is that I have had it for years. . . I won't tell you how many 'cause you'll be goin' "Lawdie, she's old!" I would think that there would be something out there like it 'cause I agree with you. I don't have enough cabinet space to give up space to a slide in or track trash can.

hoefler

We installed one from Lowe's that uses plastic shopping bags. Has a tube to hold bags and screws to the cabinet door.