Kitchen Sink Faucet Handle Leaks

WBG

WBGavin
Hi All,

Does anyone know how to repair a dripping single lever kitchen sink faucet? The lever only drips when the water is running, either hot or cold. The water seems to be coming from the base of the handle, where it attaches to the sink itself. We have a 2014 3570RS Bighorn.

Thanks in advance for your help.

WBG

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You might want to remove the handle and see if the nut that holds the cartridge in is tight.You also could remove the cartridge and check the O-rings and lube them.There is also a chance that the leak could be coming from the faucet stem.You can remove it and replace/lube the O-rings there as well.PeaceDavve

WBG

WBGavin
You might want to remove the handle and see if the nut that holds the cartridge in is tight.You also could remove the cartridge and check the O-rings and lube them.There is also a chance that the leak could be coming from the faucet stem.You can remove it and replace/lube the O-rings there as well.PeaceDavve

Thanks Dave,

Sounds like something even I can do.

Will let you know how it turns out!

WBG

Mrsfish

Our faucet was leaking from the base. A simple hand tightening of the nut under the sink that attached the faucet cured our leak. Do NOT over tighten. Remember, everything has the possibility of jiggling loose in these rolling earthquakes. Good luck.

WBG

WBGavin
Our faucet was leaking from the base. A simple hand tightening of the nut under the sink that attached the faucet cured our leak. Do NOT over tighten. Remember, everything has the possibility of jiggling loose in these rolling earthquakes. Good luck.

Ann & Rick,

Will give this a try first. Sounds like he least invasive thing I can try.

Tanks for your post!

wdk450

BE SURE to turn off the water supply BEFORE you start this repair!

On edit: My faucet handle does the same thing. For now I wrap a piece of rolled-up paper towel around the base to catch (and evaporate) the leak water.

Last edited: