Kitchen slide problem - need help

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
When putting out the slide today there was a bad scraping sound about halfway out. We stopped, brought it back in a little. Thought the rubber was messed up(poorly glued). I held it down and sent the slide out again. Same noise. Upon further inspection this piece of metal flashing is messed up. Too tall I think on this side. Ideas?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344198859.694594.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344198907.411840.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344198944.516906.jpg

bighorn3370

Maybe you lost a roller? you will need to get with Heartland on Monday. Also be sure to after all is fixed that the plywood is sealed. Ernie

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
We also noticed some scratching on the very edge of the underside of the slide. I wonder what causes that?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We also noticed some scratching on the very edge of the underside of the slide. I wonder what causes that?

If you lost a roller, it would be missing from the end where the floor is damaged. You can see the imprint from where it should be on the underside. Something I've noticed, looking at the rollers on my bedroom slide is that there isn't a lot of clearance between the roller mount and the roller surface.

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
The protective barrier is definitely ripped. There are tiny pieces of it under there. And a couple of pieces of the rubber seal messed up as well. We were able to bend the metal down just enough to get the slide all the way out. Guess we'll call heartland tomorrow.

danemayer

Alice, you should start thinking about getting to a dealer so a tech can evaluate, which is probably what Heartland will tell you tomorrow.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
I experienced the same issue on our BH3185 but not as severe as your pictures reflect. I took the rubber off that is attached to the trailer itself and found a piece of sheetmetal used to reduce the space between the slide and unit which I think is to prevent small critters from getting in. I cut the sheetmetal piece so there is clearance between the slide bottom and the edge of the metal. Once that was done I re-installed the rubber seal and painted the bottom of the slide with paint to protect the exposed plywood.