Klauber Electric Rear Jack Motor

boutin

Does anyone have any information where a electric motor can be purchased for my road warrior? Model is a Klauber C-800
Thx, Brian

jnbhobe

Does anyone have any information where a electric motor can be purchased for my road warrior? Model is a Klauber C-800
Thx, Brian

I have seen a lot of members have taken jack motors apart and cleaned them up and they have worked again.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
For $375, I'd take it apart first. As I mentioned in other threads, the brush springs are garbage and easily corrode if moisture gets inside (which it does). Cutting down a ball point pen spring to just under 1/2 its length did the trick for me. Then wrap the joint between the casing and the gear box with Rescue Tape or apply a bead of silicone before reassembling. Mine was labeled "Made in India."

Getting it off the rear stabilizer requires removing four allen screws. A little awkward getting the two inboard ones, but not hard. When you remove the two long screws that fasten the casing to the gear housing, you will find how strong the magnets are. Especially when reassembling it. Just have to keep fishing around for the holes to reinstall them.

boutin

I found the manufacturer of the electric motor, Klauber Machine & Gear in St. Louis. 636-257-3002. Cost me $140 including shipping to Canada.