Landing gear gone crazy

tooty

I have 2011 3010 cyclone.When I go to lower the front legs my slides go out,but also at the same time the legs retract no matter which way the switch is pressed.But once the slides are out then I can operate the legs.I have the lippert system.Anyone go through this?

danemayer

tooty,

If the slides go out when you extend the front jacks, it sounds like the slide hydraulic valves for the slides are not staying closed. The pump pushes hydraulic fluid, but instead of it pushing the jacks out, it flows to the slides. When the slides are fully extended, then the remaining fluid pushes the jacks out.

I would start by looking at the switch that controls the slides to see if wires are shorted, causing the valves to open.

The valves can be opened and closed with an allen wrench to allow manual operation of the hydraulics. It may be that they're partly open all the time, allowing fluid to pass to the slides anytime the pump is turned on. But if this is a new problem, that seems less likely.

tooty

I'll play with the valves.The slide switch I think is fine because the inside switch works and the switch in the pump compartment works,just when I raise and lower the legs everything goes south.

porthole

Retired
I would start by giving the solenoids a light tap.
If that doesn't work have someone operate the slides while you keep your fingers on the solenoids, figure out which solenoid is controlling the slides.

Yours may look something like this

LevelUp_install_03.jpg

This picture shows 4 solenoids, front jacks, front and rear left side jacks, front and rear right side jacks and the slide hydraulics.

If your solenoid is sticking you can narrow it down by removing the wires and see if that solves your issue.
If the solenoid for the slides is stuck open, removing the wire will not help.

The hydraulics work by actuating the pump, either in a reverse or forward direction and then opening the correct solenoid.

wdk450

I would start by giving the solenoids a light tap.
If that doesn't work have someone operate the slides while you keep your fingers on the solenoids, figure out which solenoid is controlling the slides.

Yours may look something like this

View attachment 20561

This picture shows 4 solenoids, front jacks, front and rear left side jacks, front and rear right side jacks and the slide hydraulics.

If your solenoid is sticking you can narrow it down by removing the wires and see if that solves your issue.
If the solenoid for the slides is stuck open, removing the wire will not help.

The hydraulics work by actuating the pump, either in a reverse or forward direction and then opening the correct solenoid.

In checking the solonoids, I would think that a small screwdriver would be attracted to an energized solonoid.

tooty

I have two solenoids,my rear jacks are electric.I get what you are saying,if the slide solenoid is stuck then that cause issues with the jacks.

tooty

Ok,my dog and I went outside to play with the wires on the solenoids.There is a solenoid right on one of the jacks,when I pull the wires off that solenoid the jacks won't run.So easy,the other solenoid is the slide,pull the wires off that one and that makes no difference.Wires on,wires off the same.The dog concures.So that would mean the solenoid is done,correct?

wdk450

Ok,my dog and I went outside to play with the wires on the solenoids.There is a solenoid right on one of the jacks,when I pull the wires off that solenoid the jacks won't run.So easy,the other solenoid is the slide,pull the wires off that one and that makes no difference.Wires on,wires off the same.The dog concures.So that would mean the solenoid is done,correct?

It sounds like that solenoid is stuck open to hydraulic fluid flow.

porthole

Retired

Give that solenoid a sharp rap (without breaking it off).

Try jumping it with a 12 volt positive wire. It could just be a piece of debris that you can knock free.

try the "rap" while applying the 12 volts.

tooty

I have warranty still,but my dealer is a ferry ride away.So I'll call them add get them to send me a new solenoid.I smacked the thing stupid with no positive results.It's real easy to change,with the dog helping.

donr827

I have warranty still,but my dealer is a ferry ride away.So I'll call them add get them to send me a new solenoid.I smacked the thing stupid with no positive results.It's real easy to change,with the dog helping.

Be sure that you make the change between 9-5 or Lou will ask for time and a half.;)
Don

Hi Tooty….I know it’s been 9 years since your problem, not even sure your still on here. Lol. But I’m having the exact same problem. What was the fix. Thanks.