Landing gear repair

pbirdsong

The "follower" leg on my 2009-3055RL landing gear is binding with only about 5" of up/down movement. Is the leg rebuildable and how, or do I have to replace it with a new one. The Lippert number is 126385; is it available from other than Lippert?
Thanks for all comments.
Paul B.

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
I had the same problem with mine and thought they were binding but lippert told me to pour about a 1/2 cup of motor oil down thru the top of both legs. I did that and also used a jack and raised the frame up high and then extended the legs out as far as they would go and put grease on the inner leg. After doing that i've not had any trouble with the legs. If you have to order legs, order them off ebay. They are about a third as much as ordering them from lippert and they are the same brands. Hope this helps.

mobilcastle

I drilled a hole in the outer casings of each leg and oil the jackscrew-it will keep your power landing gear working like new.

pbirdsong

Great info. Thank you. I have completely disassembled the leg. The nut on the jackleg will not move outside a range of about 4". I have even tried to polish the threads with an electric wire brush. For some reason the nut is seizing on the jackscrew, and the jackscrew does not appear to be bent (checked with striaght-edge). Rats!
I have contacted Domar and Venture for pricing on a replacement leg. Couldn't find the one I need on eBay, but may look again.

mobilcastle

Do you have any Blaster lube or Liquid wrench? Does it look crossthreaded?
Great info. Thank you. I have completely disassembled the leg. The nut on the jackleg will not move outside a range of about 4". I have even tried to polish the threads with an electric wire brush. For some reason the nut is seizing on the jackscrew, and the jackscrew does not appear to be bent (checked with striaght-edge). Rats!
I have contacted Domar and Venture for pricing on a replacement leg. Couldn't find the one I need on eBay, but may look again.

3ares

Re: Landing gear repair
I drilled a hole in the outer casings of each leg and oil the jackscrew-it will keep your power landing gear working like new. Can you be more specific as to where to drill the hole, a pic would be great. Thanks​