Landing gear stops on retract, on 3950 Cyclone

2TrakR

Twice now our landing gear has stopped during retract, going and then just stops, like a breaker is tripped. Think I heard something click tonight when it happened. Wait a few seconds and it takes back off no problem.

Has not done this during extraction (lower the legs).

Any thoughts?

Is there a way to manually lower/raise the legs if whatever is acting up gets worse? Hate to be stuck somewhere with dead landing gear.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think you are correct. A breaker is tripping.
If you have hydraulic landing gear, trace the wire from the pump to the breakers.
When you discover the correct one, just replace it.
Most likely a 50 amp self resetting.
Under $10 at an auto parts store.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Hi 2Trakr,

Sounds like the 12V circuit breaker is tripping and resetting. It may just be getting weak. You can get a replacement at an auto parts store or at any number of online places like amazon.com. At one point Lippert was recommending upgrading 50Amp breakers to 80Amp, but I don't think they recommend it anymore, for whatever reason. The breakers are inexpensive and putting in a new breaker of the same amperage rating will probably solve the problem.

The attached picture is of a circuit breaker with manual reset. You'll want one with auto-reset. The diagram shows the layout of the circuit breakers for Landmark, Bighorn and Big Country. They're near the battery. It's probably similar on your Cyclone.

Attachments

• circuit breaker reset.jpg
    circuit breaker reset.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Buss_Bar_for_LM-BH-BC.pdf
    694.4 KB · Views: 33

bd2dabone

Yep CB. Replaced mine first week i brought my cyclone home. As did the switch that controls power to the hydraulic pump. Dealer too far away to justify wasting my time and fuel to replace inexpensive parts and only take less than five minutes to install. Dropped the bad parts off at the dealer first trip by them. Should have requested $80 an hour my time to replace. We will see.

alaska dodge

If you have the electric landing gear, it will time out while being used if under a heavy load due to the motor heat. My bighorn use to do that, I would wait a few minutes and it would reset.

Bill