Landing Legs

BCGuy

Question; When uncoupling do I put the legs down all the way then level the unit? Or just put them down and uncouple, This to me is not a silly Question. Thanks In advance.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
My process is that I raise the coach enough to take the pressure of the 5th wheel hitch then uncouple and drive the truck out.
Then I level.

Peace
Dave

gasman

Camp Socializer
Check the front to back level first. If the front end is high, don't lower the leg extensions all the way. You will need room to retract the legs in order to level. I like to leave plenty of room then use the electric motor to extend on down to the ground. We chock the wheels and release the latch. I then extend enough to take the weight of the TV and pull out.

Niles

BCGuy, sounds like you may be new to this, and there is no dumb question. First you need to check your side to side level to see if you need boards or whatever you use to bring it level. Once you get that done let you front jacks down to the ground and make sure if you are going to have to let the front down you give yourself enough travel on your jacks to go down. We always pull the truck out of the way at this point. unless just parking overnight, then we just get as close as we can and live with it. When you get the front legs to the point where the front to back is level then deploy your rear jacks and your done. Good luck and enjoy.

mcmillen100

My process is just barely touch the ground with the down riggers then pull the release on the capture plate. After that raise the 5th wheel to clear the capture plate then pull the truck clear.

BCGuy

Thanks for the reply, Your answer brings up a another question? how do you level side to side. If you raise one side, wouldn't you twist the fame. and how do you raise it?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You need to level the trailer side to side by pulling it up on wooden blocks. Most people use 2x10's and 1/2 inch plywood.
Once you are level side to side, run your front landing gear down about four inches, then pull the pins and let the inner legs drop to the ground.
Be sure that the pins are fully engaged.
Then you can raise the trailer to unhitch. Once your truck is out of the way, level front to back.
Done.

Peace
Dave