Landmark Ashland

travlingman

I see the Ashland floorplan is now on the Landmark web site. Looks like it is a new version of the Savannah. Changes I can see on floorplan are the washer/dryer closet is gone from the bathroom area and move to beside the entrance door. Stool room in the Ashland has alot more room between commode and sink since the washer/dryer closet was moved. Also all inside doors are now pocket doors. It is showing an electric cook top instead of a gas range. The television in the living room now appears to be in a cabinet and solid mounted verses the Savannah which has it on a pivioting arm. Bedroom in the Ashland looks to have a seat under the window in front of bed instead of drawers. The chest of drawers that were on each side of the front closet in the Savannah appear to be gone and some kind of storage in center of closet has been added. Specs also show a 40K furnace, ours was a 42K, so looks like a downsize on the furnaces. No size specs listed yet.

From initial floor plan and having not seen one in person, I am glad I got our Savannah. Do not like the washer/dryer in the living area. Looks like less storage in front closet with no chest of drawers and drawers under window. If the television is solid mounted, can't adjust to watch from dining table or turn toward couch. Do like the electric cooktop and pocket doors.

Last edited:

jjwink

If they can post a floorplan why don't they post length? Surely they have some idea how long it will be!

T

TomMontague

The floor plan is close - we haven't built one yet so there are still some questions - most of what you commented on is correct. The useless dressers in the closets are gone in all floor plans. The TV in the main living area does hinge out and has three large shelves behind it with a combination safe as an option mounted on the top shelf. The doors in the bedroom are now pocket so you can move freely and the bathroom is much bigger with full size sink and mirror. The washer dryer closet and the new pantry will share the same type door which will make them look uniform from the back looking forward. The induction cook top is standard I all LM365 floor plans. The furnace should be the exact same and the option for a 3rd 15,000 btu a/c is available. The length should be between 41and 42 feet overall - hitch to the back of the ladder. Hope this sheds some light. Will know more soon. The Ashland Pilot goes online next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I find the dresser in my closet to he very useful...one of the main reasons I bought when I did. With my closet configuration I do not have to move clothes out of the way to get to shelves behind them...would not want to go back to what was in our Bighorn. Looks like that's where things are headed again though. .

MTPockets

Can't speak for the drawers, but we like this floor plan. We would not get the W/D, so that space would make for a great closet. We also like the second sink and split bath. We'll look at one as soon as one is to be seen somewhere in AZ.
(Hope the ladder has been stiffened up to get rid of the sag I've seen on so many)

jayc

Legendary Member
Is the induction stovetop the only option or can we still order a gas burner? Are you considering adding the Cheap Heat electric heater as standard/option?

wqmiller

Tom, with all due respect, I question the move to quickly abandon a relatively new floor plan that has and is widely accepted and desired. Based upon what I read on the forum and my personal discussions with dealers, the Savannah is being sought by many prospective buyers. I fully respect your decision to revamp the product line but that action does come with some risk. Only time will be the judge of the correctness of your decisions. Sometime the action of moving or changing an established product significantly can backfire. You may recall CocaCola's big change with Coke.....I personally liked the Savannah very much and was considering ordering one to replace a 2013 San Antonio but now the changes planned for the Ashland are not desirable. Just our two cents worth. Quinton Miller

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Tom, with all due respect, I question the move to quickly abandon a relatively new floor plan that has and is widely accepted and desired. Based upon what I read on the forum and my personal discussions with dealers, the Savannah is being sought by many prospective buyers. I fully respect your decision to revamp the product line but that action does come with some risk. Only time will be the judge of the correctness of your decisions. Sometime the action of moving or changing an established product significantly can backfire. You may recall CocaCola's big change with Coke.....I personally liked the Savannah very much and was considering ordering one to replace a 2013 San Antonio but now the changes planned for the Ashland are not desirable. Just our two cents worth. Quinton Miller

This is exactly how we feel about the Key Largo....they finally get the floor plan just right and now they're gonna change it....

jjriker

I have never been a fan of a split bath, so I'm looking forward to seeing the other floorplans when they come out. So far, from what I've read, a lot of the changes sound very exciting. :)

jbeletti

T....I personally liked the Savannah very much and was considering ordering one to replace a 2013 San Antonio but now the changes planned for the Ashland are not desirable...

Hi Quinton - I can't speak for Tom, but thank you for your feedback. I had a San Antonio for a year. Question for you - the big layout change in the Ashland from the Savannah is the relocation of the washer/dryer closet to the lower level (same location as in your San Antonio) - is this the primary issue for you?

wqmiller

Jim,
Yes the W/D relo back to living area is large for us. the noise can be disturbing sometimes when doing laundry and if in the B/R area would help mitigate some of the noise. The other change that didn't make sense is the elimination of the drawers under the B/R TV. Those were clever and you can always use storage area. We understand why you may remove the ones in the closet although we wanted those also but not so critical. Overall, the plan is a knockout for us and we are seasoned RVers so not just a whim. Thanks for asking.

Are there any technical reasons for the changes? I do see the heavy pin weight but my current San Antonio is VERY heavy with genset.

Quinton

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I think we would rather have the Washer and Dryer in the kitchen area like it is shown in the Ashland. This allows for better weight distribution, less pin weight and less movement in the coach during the wash cycles since it is sitting directly over the middle 6pt leg.

brianharrison

I think we would rather have the Washer and Dryer in the kitchen area like it is shown in the Ashland. This allows for better weight distribution, less pin weight and less movement in the coach during the wash cycles since it is sitting directly over the middle 6pt leg.

I agree with your comments on stability and pin weight. But I would hate the washer/dryer noise in my living area. I prefer it up in the bedroom behind closet and bedroom doors.

Brian

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Hi Quinton - I can't speak for Tom, but thank you for your feedback. I had a San Antonio for a year. Question for you - the big layout change in the Ashland from the Savannah is the relocation of the washer/dryer closet to the lower level (same location as in your San Antonio) - is this the primary issue for you?

We have been following the entire Heartland line for years and always felt that we had the best of all possibilities with our 2011 Big Country 3500RL. That is until this past year at the Tampa RV show when we fell in love with the Landmark Savannah. We really liked the floorplan, and were even more impressed with Tom's vision on the Landmark line future. We prefer the split bath, as well as the washer/dryer closet next to the WC. The Savannah floorplan is generally the same as what we presently have in our Big Country. The new Ashland floorplan with the washer/dryer closet moved to the lower level is a GAME CHANGER for us. Besides the previous comments which we agree with, my DW sees absolutely no benefit in having to carry the laundry down stairs for washing, then to carry clean clothes back up the stairs to be put away. This may be a small insignificant chore to many but given that our intent would be to 'full time' in the Landmark it would be a constant source of aggravation.
Just my 2 cents, but the Ashland with the proposed floorplan will not be in our future. :(