Landmark Orlando Lug Nut Torque

oldelmer1

Did some looking and cant find what the torque should be for the Landmark Orlando with 17.5 H rated tires with 7/8 inch lugnuts.

Please advise.

thanks,
Tom

danemayer

The manual that came with your Landmark 365 addresses this on page 29 where it says:

The wheel nut torque is 120 ft-lbs.

oldelmer1

Well, I think I finally found it, the book says
17.5" long nut
Stud Size 5/8
Stage 1 - 50-60 ft-lbs
Stage 2 - 100-120 ft-lbs
Stage 3 - 190-210 ft-lbs.

WOW, my torque wrench only goes to 150.

Thanks everyone.

jnbhobe

I have looked at 6 different pages and there are 6 different values. The difference is grade of stud and weather it is lubed or dry. If your between 120 and 150 you'll be ok. I'll bet your lugs are 9/16 and not 5/8.

oldelmer1

Dan, I found my TOWABLE RV MASTER MANUAL by LCI, REV 10.03.2013, so its not very new.

On Page 66, it has the info listed for the different wheel size's and and then the stud size and torque specs.

Jon, the chart says if you have 9/16 studs, then you have 16" or 16.5" wheels. Mine are Goodyear G114 17.5 inch H rated tires, the book says 5/8" studs with 17.5" wheels.

So I set my torque wrench to 150 and gave it a little extra. I did check my other lug nuts and at 150 they didnt move.

danemayer

I'll just say that if you're not carrying spare studs, and most aren't, you may want to be careful what torque value you pick. I had a guy twist off one of my studs - not sure of the underlying cause. Maybe it had been overtightened. Maybe some other cause.

But you won't find a Dexter 9/16" stud of the correct length, shape, and spline layout at any local store. You'll eventually end up calling Dexter and having them ship you a stud. Or two. And you won't be going anywhere for a few days.

Btw, I'm pretty sure the Dexter 7,000 lb axles come with 9/16" studs.

gasman

Camp Socializer
The Dexter factory rep told me that the 7,000 and 8,000# axles torque to 120#. You need to increase the torque 5# for every 3" of extension you use on the wrench.

oldelmer1

Just called Heartland service and they looked into the Dexter axle book and said it should be:

17.5" wheel with long nut
Stud Size 5/8
Stage 1 - 50-60 ft-lbs
Stage 2 - 100-120 ft-lbs
Stage 3 - 190-210 ft-lbs.

My axles are 8000#.

Gee, my book is for Lippert... but he said its the same torque settings for Lippert as well as Dexter.

I know the other lugs are way more that 150 ft-lbs cause I set my wrench for 150 and it clicked off and the lug didn't move.

danemayer

I think they forgot to mention that the torque spec in their book is for Dexter supplied steel wheels.

I think it also says if you have other types of wheels, get the spec from the trailer manufacturer or wheel manufacturer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I would not focus on the wheel size but look at the lug size.
As mentioned before I have not seen a 5/8 lug.
There are many trailers using 17.5 inch wheels that have a 9/16 lug.

Peace
Dave

oldelmer1

So I went and took a lug off and measured the stud, YOU RIGHT, 9/16th.

Then I went to Tredit site and my wheel looks like their 17.5. So I called them and he said if you have 9/16 inch studs, then torque to 125-130 ft-lbs.

I assume when measuring studs, you include the threads too??

So, I had to back the other 3 wheels off and re-torque to 125-130.

He did say if I have 5/8 inch studs to torque to 150.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!

Tom