Landmark Rushmore rear electric Jacks switch.

Hello, I'm hoping that someone can help me out as I'm scratching my head on this and I'm completely perplexed. I completed the walk through on the our new to us 2012 Landmark Rushmore and everything went well, but I forgot to ask where is the switch for the rear electric stabilizer jacks. The Jacks are wired up as the I can see the power jacks wire going from the the electric motor and it's tied into the electrical system behind the power cord real. The only switch I can find on the rear of the trailer is the switch to wind up the power cord, as I have looked over and over and I just can't locate the actual switch to lower the rear stabilizer jacks.

bdb2047

The stabilizers work in conjunction with the 4 point they go down after hyd is done leveling. There is no seperate switch for them.

How are they activated, when I leveled the 5th wheel using the auto level process the rear stablizers did not drop down, are they activated through the menu options on the level up system?

danemayer

Hi silver_2000_tj,

With the 4 point auto-leveling system, the stabilizers are supposed to automatically deploy at the end of an AUTO level cycle. Later when you turn the leveling system back ON, they are supposed to automatically start retracting.

You can operate them manually by cycling through the control panel options. The last document on this page has explicit instructions for manual operation (ignore "Thumbs.db").

If the stabilizers don't extend automatically, and there is no error message (i.e. "Stabilizers Stopped"), there may be a problem with the motor. It's not unknown for water to get into the motor and corrode the springs that load the brushes against the armature. Several of us have had this problem and fixed it with a piece of spring from a ball point pen. Alternatively the entire motor and gearbox assembly can be replaced, but the part from Lippert may cost nearly $300.

If you're getting an error message like "Stabilizers Stopped", there's probably just a bind in the mechanism that can be solved with cleaning and lubrication.