Last 5 states to visit

teasac69

I have been to 43 of the lower 48 with only N & S Dakota and the top three NE states ME, NH, VT

We are most likely going to try the NE states first so I'm searching for a good guide book, travel tips, etc to NE. I would love to see them in fall foliage but not sure I want to be in the millions that also want to do that so I'm planning to be OUT of NE by then. OR at least headed out.

any experience you would share, books, guides, thoughts???

thanks

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have stayed at two campgrounds in Vermont and liked them both very much..
Lake Champagne CG N43.94244° W72.60591°
Lake Champagne CG.jpg

Pine Hollow Campground N42.78618° W73.19917°

Pine Hollow CG.jpg

Don't be afraid to travel the north east in September. Both of these photos were taken in September. I had no problem getting reservations. Go for it

BC

JJnVA

I have stayed at two campgrounds in Vermont and liked them both very much..
Lake Champagne CG N43.94244° W72.60591°
View attachment 43285

Pine Hollow Campground N42.78618° W73.19917°

View attachment 43284

Don't be afraid to travel the north east in September. Both of these photos were taken in September. I had no problem getting reservations. Go for it

BC

Agree with TXBobcat on no-worry traveling NE in the Fall. We explored NY, VT, & ME the month of September and early October 2014. Never made advance reservations, campgrounds half filled. Temps can get down in the 30s at night late September, early October, but the days are nice and foliage can be beautiful then.
We stayed a week in Pine Hollow CG near Bennington VT when our daughter got married there. Lovely area to visit, lots of history. Pine Hollow CG is quiet and pretty setting. Be sure to explore Burlington VT and see Lake Champlain. The primary roads are in good condition in VT.
In Maine, we stayed at Bar Harbor CG which is convenient to most everything. Enjoyed Acadia National Park, absolutely beautiful scenery! As far as traveling, Rt. 1 can be a slow go with all of the small town traffic and the roads are not in the best condition, esp. towing. BUT, day trips along Rt. 1 to explore the coast and its lighthouses is a must! Walk around the quaint smalls towns and eat at their restaurants to enjoy lobster... and more lobster... well worth it. Owls Head Lighthouse, Owls Head Transportation Museum, and the Prison Gift Shop in nearby Thomaston are interesting to visit.

Happy Trails! You will soon have visited all 48 states.....

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Agree with everyone. Car camped up through NE several years back in September without any issues. Schools are back in session. Lots of spots during the week. Might want to be settled in by the weekend in some of the more popular spots but...
Yep cool at night but no crowds until the weekend warriors come out.
Trip advisor app for sightseeing and restaurants. Great lobster shack in Ellsworth Maine down along the river, name escapes me. Make sure you get yourself a lobster roll (sandwich) or two. Yummy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk