Learned something new today

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Learned that Windows 10 does not play nice with an iPhone 6. Thought it would be easier to connect my new phone to my laptop to download some photos instead of fooling around with the "Cloud." That's problematic in it's own right. Next thing I know, the phone is trying to sync the laptop and all kinds of Apple pop-ups appear. Finally got them closed and find that Firefox has lost everything I set up and IE11 is acting goofy. Finally did a System Restore and got rid of the junk, but Firefox now won't open, saying it can't open XPCOM (it's a .dll, I think). Looking for help online (got IE11 running OK again) and all I can find is download third party software to fix it. Nope, ain't doing that again. So the recourse was to fully uninstall Firefox, and I don't think I'll bother reloading it.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Can you just reload Firefox over the old install? Try Chrome?

I was using Chrome until it went belly up one day. Deleted it and tried to redownload and reinstall it, but it would not. That's when I loaded Firefox. All was well until this episode. For now old (mostly) reliable IE11 is my browser again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk