Leaving for Texas tomorrow

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We're finally hittin the road. Having this new house certainly makes for extra work when loading the rig. Now we have a long list of stuff that we used to have right there in the rig when we were FT. Now that we're anytimers, it takes a few days to gear up. Bummer!

Several stops planned along the way. Visiting family and friends. Planned arrival in Mission is Dec 1st.

Ray LeTourneau

Got below 32 deg the other night here so be careful if your passing by (Canyon/Amarillo)
Thanks, we'll be heading down 35 stopping in Waco of a few days. I think we'll be OK even if we get into the mid 20's. Been there, done that a few times.;)

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We are in Melissa, just north of Dallas. If your in the area give us a call.

We plan to be in Mission the last of February.

Look forward to seeing you.

BC

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
For all of you traveling to Texas, Rick Perry (our 3rd Term Governor) thanks you for visiting his state. Hey it is our state. LOL Enjoy your visit.

cjbearden

Visitor
See you guys and fur kids in a days at Lazy L&L as you pass through. So looking forward to seeing you. Safe travels.

Ray LeTourneau

We're currently in Waco at Speegleville COE Park. Nice & quiet and only $10 a night on the Golden Parks Pass. What an awesome deal. We'll be here a week before heading a little farther south to visit the Wigley's. We were on the way to check out the Waco area just before noon and saw a Bighorn heading West on 340/6. I think it was a white GM doing the pulling but not sure cause I only got a glimpse. I was hoping they might be on the way to our park but nope, they're not here. Rained like a bear as we left OKC. I was thinking we might have wet floors by the slides but not a drop. More later as we get on down the road. I just heard Golden Corral is doing their free dinner for Vets this Monday. Yippee! I didn't miss it.

Ray LeTourneau

I'm not sure why, but this thread somehow got closed.

We left Waco today and took the long drive south to New Braunfels. We are in Hill Country RV Park and there are many other Heartlands here. We also passed a northbound Bighorn on I35 around noon just north of Austin. They flashed us but I didn't notice due to traffic. Lin waved back. Sorry we missed you ??
One of the Bighorns here is an Owners Club member. We'll have to take a walk around and meet and greet our fellow Heartlanders.

4 days here and then on to Corpus for a week.

loafer

Hey Ray have a safe trip.
I am sure "BART" will get ya there in no time.
Stay safe out there and enjoy Texas forr the winter
Bill

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
I'm not sure why, but this thread somehow got closed.

We left Waco today and took the long drive south to New Braunfels. We are in Hill Country RV Park and there are many other Heartlands here. We also passed a northbound Bighorn on I35 around noon just north of Austin. They flashed us but I didn't notice due to traffic. Lin waved back. Sorry we missed you ??
One of the Bighorns here is an Owners Club member. We'll have to take a walk around and meet and greet our fellow Heartlanders.

4 days here and then on to Corpus for a week.

Ray
Welcome to the Hill Country. If you are staying only 4 days you are getting out just before the cold front on Thanksgiving. We are over at Dripping Springs and are headed to LaGrange on Monday. FYI - there are 2 BH's at Perdnales State Park as Camp Hosts. We saw the rigs but did not get to stop and talk. Enjoy Corpus Christi and the warmer weather.

dglatta

Safe travels, Ray and Lin! We are back in Iowa for now but are headed back to Ingram, Texas after Christmas. We can't wait! Enjoy your time in Texas!

Ray LeTourneau

We're leaving Corpus today for the final leg of the trip to Mission. Knocking on wood big time, no issues so far. Lin and Suzi both will be glad to stop moving around plus I can build some steps to give all of our knees a break.