Level-up. Return to pickup height

macjj

First is seems this thread got sidetracked. If I understand the original question - does anyone have issues with the LIPPERT system returning to the "unhitched" position? Yes, I get it to work probably one of ten tries. After discussing with some hydraulic experts, I believe it is related to excessive pressure on the rear 4 jacks. If I pull onto a concrete slab that is fairly level front to back and side to side, I do not seem to have a problem. If either of those conditions are off, the coach will level, however the return (Right and Left at the same time) produces an error. Is it worth fixing, NO. The convince of pulling in without "pre-leveling" and pushing one button is well worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Snaredrum

This kinds of cracks me up because we buy 3500 HD duallys to pull weight. When the weight is on the truck it sits level, and when unhooked a little high in the rear. Last guy I seen lower the back, every time he was hooked up his rear was squatted like a dog scratching his rear end on the carpet. We would always get a laugh at him running down the highway. lol Anyway, Mine wont return to hook up level either. I have tried it many times and still not working. I just retract rears and set my front for hook up after that.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

This kinds of cracks me up because we buy 3500 HD duallys to pull weight. When the weight is on the truck it sits level, and when unhooked a little high in the rear. Last guy I seen lower the back, every time he was hooked up his rear was squatted like a dog scratching his rear end on the carpet. We would always get a laugh at him running down the highway. lol Anyway, Mine wont return to hook up level either. I have tried it many times and still not working. I just retract rears and set my front for hook up after that.
You don't need to retract the rear first.
I just raise the front, hook up the truck then hit auto retract and it will raise all 6 legs automatically with the push of 1 button.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

farside291

I was told the rears will retract to compensate for the front going up. Then just hit retract all once hitched. My return to hitch height has never worked either but I dont think after leveling my front has ever been higher than when I disconnected.

IronJ

Mine works but I have yet to have it go exactly back to where I unhitched ...it's always higher and requires tweaking to land correctly...or maybe it does and my truck/parking is diff?..I'll have to put a measure to it next time and see...hmmmmm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Mine works but I have yet to have it go exactly back to where I unhitched ...it's always higher and requires tweaking to land correctly...or maybe it does and my truck/parking is diff?..I'll have to put a measure to it next time and see...hmmmmm

When lifting the trailer off the truck, I usually raise the front until the pin lifts off the saddle an inch or so. Then pull the truck out. That is the height it autorehitch raises it back to. When hitching back up, I just hit the rehitch memory and then drop it an inch or so and it's perfect.

IronJ

When lifting the trailer off the truck, I usually raise the front until the pin lifts off the saddle an inch or so. Then pull the truck out. That is the height it autorehitch raises it back to. When hitching back up, I just hit the rehitch memory and then drop it an inch or so and it's perfect.
Yup..that's exactly what I do...lift it off just till I see a gap...not even an inch off...it's still high evertime I recall the hitch position....I think...I need to measure it to be 100%....it's not really that big of a deal...my truck is bagged so maybe that's part of it...again without actually measuring before and after I'm just assuming.....

Roller4tan

I too, lift it to take the weight off the hitch. After I pull the truck out, I drop the front down an inch or two. This gives me the ramp up to avoid high hitching. I then go to the panel, turn it on and hit the auto level and go about hooking up water and elec. When ready to hook up push the left right buttons and it goes back to where I left it. I did have to do a manual level and zero shortly after I got the trailer.

David-and-Cheryl

I just had this exact issue. It usually works, but this time when I pressed the Left and Right buttons to raise the rear and center jacks and return the rig to the hitch height, the Level Up displayed a message like "***ERROR*** Feature not enabled". Checked the manual and it says that the trailer has to be higher in front than in back at the time of unhitching for it to work. We were in fact parked on a downslope, and the front was lower when we unhitched. The leveling system had raised it later during auto-leveling.

I'm not sure why they can't design around this, and REALLY not sure why the message is so cryptic. But in this case, just hit Retract and then the Rear button to raise the stabilizers, and then manually adjust the height to hitch up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jnbhobe

No need to retract the rears before hitching up they will adjust them self when adjusting the fronts.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ya just raise or lower the front to hook up to the truck, then after you're hook up hit auto retract and your done

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk