Level Up Sytem - Question

TX_Clay

OK, I was playing with my CY3010 level up system today and I pushed everything to full extend. I can see the tires came off the ground. When I walk to the back, I also see that the rear jacks are a full inch off the ground and the trailer is being supported by the center jacks and front jacks. I immediately go and lower the 5er to relieve the pressure, fearing I may rupture a line or worse yet, bend something.
My drive way is pretty level, so I am concerned now that the rear jacks are not in the correct position. Any thoughts?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think that your hydraulic jacks have a stroke of 13.75".
If it doesn't present a problem you might be able to lower the jack on the mounting plate.

Peace
Dave

AAdams

Hello Clay,

If you are just extending all the jacks, mine are raised one bolt hole on the rear jacks in comparison to the middle jacks. There are 4 holes on the mounting plate below the bolts on the rear and 5 on the middle. Thus your 1" difference.

When you level via Auto Level was it level? If not you can reset level. Ours wasn't level when we got it. If you do need to, put the system in manual mode then level the unit. Once level turn the level up system off. Wait a minute and press the FRONT 10 times quickly, then REAR 10 times quickly. The display will say ZERO POINT CALIBRATE press the ENTER. It should do a stability check and the say that it reset zero and turn off. Turn the unit on and retract the system, then push AUTO-LEVEL and test it to check that it levels correctly. Mine was off side to side to the point I had to reset it a couple times in order to get it to zero. The system will not allow you to tilt the unit too much to one side. So I raised it as much as I could, reset it then was able to get to level and reset it again to actually get level.

Hope this helps
Alan

Gaffer

It may be because of the rear overhang that they are mounted higher for more clearance. That will help with driveway entrance which can be a problem with longer rigs.

porthole

Retired
Get on level ground first. Level front to rear, use a 4-6 foot level inside.
Then start lifting the trailer. Alternate lifting the 4 rear jacks then the fronts etc. All the rear jacks should be extended equally. If not get a tape and measure the exposed ram, ground to frame, ground to jack mount plate.

With the trailer level, the four rear jack plates should be the same distance off the ground and the four jacks should be in the same relative mount holes.

Last edited:

NorthCal Bob

Do a search on utube for the lippert level up sytem setup procedures, can't remember the exact title but there is a video of the lippert technician instructing the service techs on how it works. There is a lot of good stuff on utube concerning trailer maintenance

TX_Clay

Looking at the mounts and exposed holes. Rear show 4 exposed holes from the bottom and center show 5 exposed holes from the bottom. To me, that looks like the center mounts are one hole higher up than the rear mounts. I think Pothole has the right idea. On Level ground, set level with a 6 ft level. then alternate back 4 and front landing legs till level and fully extended. Then measure, then measure again. I am betting that the rear are mounted a higher for some reason OR, I can take it to the dealer and see what they say. Bet I still windup doing what Porthole said to do.

porthole

Retired
Keep in mind the system is designed to not cause damage to the trailer frame if set up correctly.

On "level" ground, with all the jacks fully extended, the trailer should be close to level and the rear jacks should be very close to equal length.

As long as all the plates welded to the frame are mounted at the same relative height (they should be), the jacks should extend fully and equally support the trailer.

If for some reason either the front or rear jacks are mounted in different holes relative to each other, the jacks on the lower mount will over lift once the higher mounted jacks bottom out.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
I have a question, do you auto level before or after the slides are out? With our previous trailer, BH 3055 no leveling system, we had to position the trailer so the door side was slightly lower than the off door side, with the big slide-out, as we found once the slides came out the weight of the big slide would slightly shift how level we were. It got to be a bit of trick sometimes. Hope you understand what I'm describing. Doug

sjandbj

When I spoke to the manufacture at Quartzsite this year he told me to level with the slides in.

Regards,
Steve

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We always level with the slides in. Don't want to risk torquing the slide mechanisms wrong.