Liked it so well have to go back

jpajax

We were at Willowtree cg in Long SC for the regional rally this year like it so well we just reserved our old site for week of July 5th through July 9th. :cool:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We are looking for a place to spend some time on our way south next Winter. Would this place be a good spot to spend a few weeks? A month? Thanks!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Only if you want a spotless campground, level paved site, concrete patio, hot tub at your site, a beach and a pool, and the list goes on.

The only problem with this place is it becomes the standard by which you judge all other campgrounds.

http://www.willowtreervr.com/

currituck0209

It by far, is the best campground i have ever been to , it is suppose to be rated in the top 5 for the us. I sure hate to agree with southernnights, but i guess once wont hurt.

Ray LeTourneau

It sounds pretty good so far. I just called Willow Tree and although they do not have monthly rates, they reduce the daily rate a bit. Ends up the monthly rate for Nov. would be $690 and I think that may include electric.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Don't think you can go wrong with that Ray. On a scale of 1 - 10, I'd rate Willow Tree at least a 12.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
It sounds pretty good so far. I just called Willow Tree and although they do not have monthly rates, they reduce the daily rate a bit. Ends up the monthly rate for Nov. would be $690 and I think that may include electric.

Ray, I would double check on whether that includes electric. They have installed meters on all their sites. I was talking with the mngr during the SC rally and he said after last winter, they will now start charging for electric for the monthly and seasonal people.
Last winter was very cold here and their electric bill was triple the usual bill. He said he just cant afford to do that again.

Ray LeTourneau

Ray, I would double check on whether that includes electric. They have installed meters on all their sites. I was talking with the mngr during the SC rally and he said after last winter, they will now start charging for electric for the monthly and seasonal people.
Last winter was very cold here and their electric bill was triple the usual bill. He said he just cant afford to do that again.
Thanks Larry, I will. When I called, I talked with one of their workampers and there was no mention of elec. Nothing on the website either. November shouldn't be that bad, I hope...